How Do I Get 15's On The Ke70

Rolladrift

Members dont see this ad
I bought some 15" rims for the ke70 but at the strut is pretty much resting on the tyres, what can i do tofix that?

Mate, if they`re not rubbing by too much you can buy wheel spacers from almost any aftermarket parts outlet. Up to about 8mm won`t need longer studs. But over that you will need to buy the expensive type that bolt to your hub and the wheels bolt to them. Cheepies, $25 +/- expensive $200 +/-

Good luck.

alrite thanks for that...the thing is spacers are only bout 8mm, the tyre is 20mm into the strut lol...but the strut is only bout 5mm too low otherwise it would clear it...uh, what are bolt ons? lol...

G`day mate, check this site and maybe contact them.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-WHEEL-HUB-SP...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Just remember that by spacing your wheels out 25mm+ you are placing enourmous extra strain on your stub axles and pushing your wheels further toward your mudguards, possibly causing another set of problems. It`s also really illegal to use the spacers on the road.

Anyway, good luck.

Sell the rims and buy some that fit!

Also, have you considered the weight of the tyres and wheels compared to stock. You might end up ruining the ride and handling by having heavy unsprung weights crashing up and down. Then you buy super-lightweight large rims that get bent on the crap roads full of potholes they expect us to drive on...

I did that with my Lotus Europa many many years ago...

As mentioned, you have a problem with the wheel offset. Fit the proper wheels, or run illegal and less safe option of wheel spacers.

Just remember that by spacing your wheels out 25mm+ you are placing enourmous extra strain on your stub axles and pushing your wheels further toward your mudguards, possibly causing another set of problems. It`s also really illegal to use the spacers on the road.

Not really an issue if the wheel centreline is in the same spot as stock.