Cars From Interstate

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

It just needs an ID check to check the chassis and engine numbers match what was previously registered elsewhere.

Also the ID checks if the car has been deemed a write off previously or is reported stolen elsewhere.

If at the ID check they decide you need a full roadworthy then you are up for a full inspection. If anything stands out on your car it is best to fix it so they don't decide to send you for the full roadworthy.

What sort of car is it?

I went and had mine done first thing Monday morning, at 7am. The guy seriously couldn't be stuffed as he had hardly woken up and therefore he didn't have much of a look at my car past the engine numbers and chassis numbers. I guess the same thing could be said for last thing on a Friday. :wink:

Yeah your right.

I have bought 2 corollas from interstate (both unregistered), and I drove them back on an unregistered vehicle permit. I then just took them down to my local cop shop and had the engine numbers and chassis number matched (I had already phoned motor reg to check that the car hadn't been stolen or have any money owing on it)

Once the cop matches the engine and chassis number and take a basic (and I mean basic) visual look to make sure the car is roadworthy, they sing a piece of paper which allows you to go to motor reg and get your number plates and have the car registered!

Cheers,

KJ :-)

Its a pretty straight forward process... if there is registration on the car at the momet you can negotiate with the seller to either buy it unregistered without plates, or with registration and cash back the amount left on the plates with the state of registartion authority.

heres a lovely car for sale....

ZZE123R - Shameless Plug

Thanks that doesn't sound too bad. I guess the most important part would be to make sure the seller is trustworthy and that the car has not had a dodgy engine transplant or something?

What about cars that are just a shell or just without a motor?

I am looking for a ke3# or 55 but there doesn't seem to be many for sale here in SA, so driving one back here is an option. even on a trailer.

I have a full ke55 which is a write off but with all mechanical parts still perfect so I am either going to buy one without most running gear cheap or get a running one and then part the old one out.

ok yeah,

the only thing that comes to mind is that I rekon if you just bought a shell interstate and planted your good running gear in it, I'm pretty sure that would have to go past regency for approval (not just the local cop shop)

so maybe your better off getting a car (cheap) complete from interstate and drive it back!

KJ :-)

Me ute came from Vic. Picked it up with Vic rego, drove it round for a bit. ol man took it down the the marion cop shop for an ID check and rocked up back at home with SA plates and full rego. The guy that did the check also offered to buy the thing then and there :wink: