Removing The Cam-cover (4age)

Members dont see this ad
Also, MYSTIK, where do you get heat-shields for the exhaust? Mine is totally ruined! :wink:

my car was completely stock mechanically when i bought it.

so it is probably best to get a heat shield off of another 4age, and give it a good clean up and a paint it in heat proof paint.

There is a slight possibility to get a new one from toyota, but i would try to find a 2nd hand one first.

• 1 month later...
my car was completely stock mechanically when i bought it.

so it is probably best to get a heat shield off of another 4age, and give it a good clean up and a paint it in heat proof paint.

There is a slight possibility to get a new one from toyota, but i would try to find a 2nd hand one first.

The old one had to be torn off and the bolts cut off. I have sprayed the exhaust manifold in high temp paint and will be heat wrapping it instead.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
did you guys have problems getting the centre nut that is recessed in the cam cover? i couldnt get to it with a spanner or a socket, did u guys use a mini socket?

What do you mean by "centre nut" and "recessed", from the above photos you can see that there are only 4 nuts per cam cover and none of them are in the "centre" nor are they recessed.

Sure you're not trying to remove something that you shouldn't be? Pictures always help

What do you mean by "centre nut" and "recessed", from the above photos you can see that there are only 4 nuts per cam cover and none of them are in the "centre" nor are they recessed.

Sure you're not trying to remove something that you shouldn't be? Pictures always help

oh sorry, i didnt mean the rocker cover, i meant the cam gears cover to the left.