Best Place For Parts

Reaper_Mobb

Hey guys,

Just got my first Rolla (ke70 late model 86) just wondering what wrecker everyone uses or where the best place is for parts? in south river but willing to go most places.

Mostly body parts but need some engine parts too, money is an issue but i do understand you get what you pay for :wink: most of the time

Any help would be great!!!

Members dont see this ad
Hey guys,

Just got my first Rolla (ke70 late model 86) just wondering what wrecker everyone uses or where the best place is for parts? in south river but willing to go most places.

Mostly body parts but need some engine parts too, money is an issue but i do understand you get what you pay for :wink: most of the time

Any help would be great!!!

www.rollaclub.com & ae86dc is where most the parts are, as these cars are getting too old to be found in wreckers. Also what the f@$k do you mean by

(ke70 late model 86)

Post pics?

The best place has been other rollaclub members... I've got a KE70 shell I'll be parting out real soon... can't help with engine parts, but Chris might have something you need laying about.

I've got suspension, diff, tailshaft, doors and boot that are pretty decent, and most parts of a decent interior too...

Good idea to just post up what you need, and see who can hook you up.

it depends on what you want. we have a few bits and pieces laying about. there is a ok place in bayswater called Toyota bits or something along those lines. we used to go to pick a part in kenwick but they shut their doors quiet some time ago.

another great place is the Quokka. put a add in every monday on what ya need and 90% of the time you get people ringing you with it. thats how Chris and I get our stuff.

PM us if you need something specific as we may have it or know best place to get it.

Liz

Well it’s the first car I have ever worked on (read my other posts and you will see I have no clue at this point)

at the moment I’m just cleaning up rust and some of the body work (previous owner reversed down the side of his house... literally) and from there ill just be building up the k4 http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...a_tough_K_motor with that and the service manual ill just be learning on this one.

to start with ill be doing the Carby (new one) then I’m thinking maybe the Camshaft but ill need to do a bit more research on that one first, not sure if its worth it... basically I’m looking at making it into a "quick" reliable car but not to worried about performance. If that all goes well ill get some mates help me drop in a 4age

As I said its the first car I have worked on so not looking at anything to drastic just yet

how much was the 3TGTE? I'm guessing that would be as easy to work on as a 4age?

and how much for that 20v? not sure if i could handle a fwd to rwd... hmmmm

1300 advertised... not sure if the guys still have it.

It's wiring, ecu, box, mounts... Everything for a KE70 conversion, because that is what they pulled it from... I took it for a test drive, and it goes hard!!! all it needs is another fuel pump, because the setup they has is dropping pressure at high revs/boost

possibly about another hundred to fix with a VL fuel pump wired in from the wreckers, and she's sweet.

Also, the T18 box will go straight onto the tailshaft in your KE70... literally straight bolt in.

ah yeah 1300 to much at the moment :wink: , think ill leave the swap ill after September, until then ill just get the body fixed and tweak the good old 4k

Ok. Let me know if you need pretty decent doors. Also got pretty new rear struts and stuff... Come on the cruise next weekend?

actually could use a door, the left side of this one is a bit nasty, how much?

ill see how i got on Saturday, need to finish some half done body work, sanded down and rust converted just need to bog sand and prime... also might go down to Clark Rubber to get something to make some gaskets for the tale lights... the ones on it now are cracked, crushed and disintegrating, might explain some of the rust in the boot