Ke1x Owners..

Matt-e30

Yes, quite easily and the simple fact is i'm not happy with it and i'm not sure it'll ever be finished. It's hardly even been started and it's got a long way to go.

Before i bought my house i didn't care what happened to my cash, now i have other priorities.

I probably should have bought and finished the car before i bought the house. Oh well, one day...... maybe.....

how much you want for it .. :y: jokes

i will hopefully find one soon but at the moment I'm stuck as wether to buy a project or something complete..

but my problem is most are in S.a.

Members dont see this ad

SilverRA23 has documented the saving of what became my car really well.

I am lucky these days as I have reasonable skills to get done most of what it needs, the internet and forums (you guys) make it possible to locate most necessary parts, and I am at the stage of my life where I can afford to have some not too expensive toys. I do have to accept however that with a young family and all that entails, that I can't be in any hurry. But I'm not.

Never expected I would end up with three toys though......

Mind you, if I keep spending like I did on yahoo japan last night.......! That was the big attraction for my KE15 however, being complete was the most important thing. Refurbishment is fine, sourcing suitable parts for these things is a real problem. So Cam, if you are passing anything on, let me know :y:

Way back when, a mate of mine had a genuine Nissan Prince Skyline GTB in need of total rebuild, including engine bearings and rust. Even then, you needed to get the bearings made and parts were non existent. This car had been the press test mule when they brought cars out to race at Bathurst. Had the racing fuel tank in the boot, triple webers etc. I lived in a terrace house in Carlton and my 'workshop' was the cobblestone lane behind the house. Plus I was renting and about to stop working to go back to Uni, and had no money. Could have got it for nearly nothing, which the guy who now lives around the corner from me did. Every time I see him it breaks my heart. Small world. And even worse, I gather he decided it needed too much work so broke it up.

But you can't have everything.

I bought my first ke10 about 15 years ago from an old guy in a place called new gisborne. It was white with a white vinyl roof,

original engine and two speed toyoglide. The drive home nearly killed it , couldnt get it over 90km except downhill. When i pulled

into the drive way the engine oil was actually boiling. Three weeks later i converted it to 4 speed manual and about a month

later found a 5k and 5 speed.

It was a great little car but not fast enough so i built a tough 4k with efi and put some simmons b45s on it. Ended up selling it to

fund an overseas holiday and missed the little beast so much i bought another ke10 which is in the process of a rebuild, will start

a rides thread in a couple of months.

All of this interest in things corolla started when a next door neighbour showed me his ke25, bright red and named

REDWARF (thanks very much Rob)

cheers

justin

I bought my first ke10 about 15 years ago from an old guy in a place called new gisborne. It was white with a white vinyl roof,

original engine and two speed toyoglide. The drive home nearly killed it , couldnt get it over 90km except downhill. When i pulled

into the drive way the engine oil was actually boiling. Three weeks later i converted it to 4 speed manual and about a month

later found a 5k and 5 speed.

It was a great little car but not fast enough so i built a tough 4k with efi and put some simmons b45s on it. Ended up selling it to

fund an overseas holiday and missed the little beast so much i bought another ke10 which is in the process of a rebuild, will start

a rides thread in a couple of months.

All of this interest in things corolla started when a next door neighbour showed me his ke25, bright red and named

REDWARF (thanks very much Rob)

cheers

justin

Wow that sounds very nice .. got any pictures of the old beast ?

Around 10 years ago decided to restore a Ke11 SL found it in Victoria and shipped up to Brissy. Built it as a Group Nc historic racing project but ran out of money before I could finish the project. Sold the thing for a 3rd of my spend. I miss having it like you wouldn,t believe but fortunately the young guy that bought it looks after it like a baby. There is an old guy (like me) here in Brisbane who has a collection of KE10-17 in his backyard and I would imagine he is still sitting on them. Majordad

post-3158-1248843463_thumb.jpg

post-3158-1248843491_thumb.jpg

Around 10 years ago decided to restore a Ke11 SL found it in Victoria and shipped up to Brissy. Built it as a Group Nc historic racing project but ran out of money before I could finish the project. Sold the thing for a 3rd of my spend. I miss having it like you wouldn,t believe but fortunately the young guy that bought it looks after it like a baby. There is an old guy (like me) here in Brisbane who has a collection of KE10-17 in his backyard and I would imagine he is still sitting on them. Majordad

wow majordad thats really neat..

I'm a young guy myself who appreciate the classic cars and definately look after all my cars like babys ..

glad you found someone who will genuinly care for it and not cut it up and hack it up..

they really are great cars these ke1x corollas