Brake Cylinders Keep Blowing Up Help!!!

muzke30

HI ALL

I really need ideas on this one hope someone can help me out.

When i bought my Ke30 rear brake cylinders were shot always leaking so i replaced them no problems.

Any way been driving for a month brakes working perfectly.

last weekend i was beeing a total idiot and decided to pull few hand brakies guess what cylinder Sh!t it self again. (never to do this again) TRUST ME dam ke30 lol to old for that shit,

Anyways my fault so i opend it up bought new ones replaced it bleed brakes no leakes all cool drove down the street NEW ONE Stuffed up leaking AGAIN GOT NO IDEA WHY??? cos i have no clue everything is correct springs on correct all lines up pins are in the tention is correct so go no IDEAAAAAAAAAAAA

AHHH going out my mind haven to borow cars sence sunday

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was it leaking from? Was it dripping off the rubber cover after it leaked past the piston seal inside the cylinder, then spreading around the shoes??

or could it have been leaking from the brake line behind the rear plate?? It could then run down inside or outside the brake drum. This could be caused by a hair-line crack in the brake pipe as it flares out at the end...

Are these brand-new, complete cylinders and pistons?

could the drums be oversized too much?

they will slowly wear from the inside out, but i'd imagine they're pretty thin if that is the case.

maybe the wrong cylinders to suit drum diameter? could it be wrong drum diameter to shoes?

? were there different listings for the jap vs borg diff?

just ideas...

These are the originals and new ones the new one lasted a month till i hand braked it but now changed it again didnt last till end of my street

see my problem

img0488.jpgw3264.png

well the shoes are about half way to 3quaters and the drums are getting a bit thin but don't really have anything to compare them too.

hey dave the part number for cylinders i got is JB2347G

u know diff i got as i picked up the 5spd off u yesterday can't remember if its jap or borgy it has bolts in front not behind the diff

Edited by muzke30

andrew take some pics of the drum and shoes with a ruler next to it.

work with me, piston moves to much there for shitting it self.

iif there is not much brake shoes/unsized drums piston has to move more out before grabbing.

unadjusted rear brakes. undersized drums. worn rear pads.

do you normally have a low pedal? 10cm before they grab 15 before you come to a complete stop?

to be honest prior to me going out pulling a few hand brakies the brakes would grab pretty quick once pushing on the pedal and like it last a month first time around but now doing something wrong. Really can't be botherd pulling car apart n jackingit up again il do it tommoro. dam wish u were around the corner i get u to come and see it lol so much for starting on my 5spd conversion this brake issue is going to annoy me think il buy new shoes and see how i go but not sure its that unless one night on pulling on hand brake wore the shoes out that much that now that new piston is there its pushing to hard that broke straight away i dunno