Sluggish, Backfire And Misfire

hey guys,

i drove about 250 km the other day and by the end of it the car was finding it hard to idle in 1, 2 or drive (its an auto), got REALLY bad about 10km from home, got ho,e and let her cool down.

poped the bonnet and the dizzy cap was 1/2 off not sure for how long but i fixed it up and thought nothing more of it.... oops...

ran rough the next day, so i took another look, points a little dirty, but centre point was FRIED and had black burnt looking plastic all over it and a "chipped" looking contact. i cleaned it all down. i check the plugs and gave them a scrub (will be getting new ones this weekend).

is there anything else i should check? its stock as a rock

Members dont see this ad
I have a feeling there are 2 different types of dizzy caps. the one to suit the nippon denso dizzy and the other to suit a Bosch.

this is correct,

if your not sure what your current dizzy cap/rotor button is is easy way to do it would be just take it in side and get it matched

ngk should cover ur points/plugs/leads

if ur still having troubles look in to ur coil as well

Does the car idle alright when it's in neutral??

yeah its "ok" i got the right cap now and ngk plugs, old leads are ok but i got a new set for spare just in case. runs good not but looks like the timing is advanced... i don't have the gear to fix it :P

this is correct,

if your not sure what your current dizzy cap/rotor button is is easy way to do it would be just take it in side and get it matched

ngk should cover ur points/plugs/leads

if ur still having troubles look in to ur coil as well

yeah it a Bosch dizzy, the first cap was Bosch but to fit the other dizzy. now i have champion to fit Bosch...

yeah its "ok" i got the right cap now and ngk plugs, old leads are ok but i got a new set for spare just in case. runs good not but looks like the timing is advanced... i don't have the gear to fix it :P

yeah it a Bosch dizzy, the first cap was Bosch but to fit the other dizzy. now i have champion to fit Bosch...

yeah sounds right, Bosch make dizzy and caps as with champion they just make caps, points etc..