Using Led Bulbs For Indicators

demuire

You could also work out the resistance required and put resistors behind the light assembly wired inline before the actuall assembly, i have fitted truck clearence lights (Narva LED assembly) in the front of my GP, and the indicators do flash fast (like there's one out) but i'm too lazy for resistors and it isn't illegal with what it's doing now.

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_upload/Picture250.jpg' target='_blank'>

Members dont see this ad

i can't see the reason to use them as indicators really, for brake lights yes because they are instantly on and light up when doing 100km /hr 4 meters or so before the filament ones light up. they are pricey though last time i checked and they will blow just as easily as the filament ones with any circuitry faults. they are brighter i would imagine but meh filament ones are fine. i see if you change the faulty circuit with the led one then it would solve the problem of the faulty circuit though.

i gave my mate some LED globes for his FTO for christmas. you use them because they look PHAT :) but good point about the indicators

indicators should have SPREAD light like a filament globe, not DIRECT light like an LED. much of my bitch about clear indicators, the reflectors they use inside them make them impossible to see on the side, such as when a car is coming at you from the other side of a roundabout

they will blow just as easily as the filament ones with any circuitry faults

Um.. there multi volt, LED's will work from 8 volt to 32 volts, and do not blow as easy (due to newer technology) as the older ones. The ones you see on trucks are garunteed for 10 years!! and if the circuit is faulty they just don't light up at all!!!