Noisy Brakes

DouggehKE30

Every Now and the When I am bracking at low speed..15k/h the front right wheel has a large scraping kind of sound. once i stop and try braking again it doesnt do it.

I checked the brakes a month or so ago, and they seemed fine.

I am going to take the wheel off and have a look, but other then if there are pads there or not, am not realy that sure what i am looking at.

My dad is a mechanic, but is away so i would like to know if i should still be driving or not? just because i need my car for work on friday.

Thanks gyes (and girls)

Doug

Members dont see this ad
Every Now and the When I am bracking at low speed..15k/h the front right wheel has a large scraping kind of sound. once i stop and try braking again it doesnt do it.

I checked the brakes a month or so ago, and they seemed fine.

Check the pads again, Alot can happen in a month, I get alot of customers like you at work, (you serviced my car 2 months ago and now its running like shit, What did you do...).

metal on metal is very distinct! do a double check, I've had pads bed funny before and they wore on an angle, so that only the corner of the steel was touching the disc. First glance told me that it had plenty of meat.

Also, some brakes have little indicators, thin sheet metal tabs designed to touch the disc before the pad is fully worn. They make a bit of a squealy noise.

I hope i don't embarrass myself, and they are totaly worn=/

post-6023-1252558858_thumb.jpg

I had a looksi, It is whereing evenly

Looks like you have less than 4mm as the backing plate material is about ~5mm. As said have you checked to see if the wear indicators are touching the disc? These are most commonly fitted to the inside pad. Your discs look a bit scored, they might need a machine? Pads should still be good for a couple of thousand K's provided they are all wearing evenly.

Edited by RedKE30

make sure you check the pad behind the rotor aswell, on monday at work doing a major service. i took the wheels off, outta pads had about 6mm of meat left and seamed fine then i looked at the pad behind the rotor and it was less than 1mm!

allways remember to lubricate the carrier slides children and you wont have this problem^

Edited by Evan G

make sure you check the pad behind the rotor aswell, on monday at work doing a major service. i took the wheels off, outta pads had about 6mm of meat left and seamed fine then i looked at the pad behind the rotor and it was less than 1mm!

allways remember to lubricate the carrier slides children and you wont have this problem^

That one is a bit harder to see=/

I went for a drive just before, and is VERRY bad now. It is not just when breaking, it is about %80 of the time. I also noticed if i turn right it gets worse.

Was thinking could it be a baring?

Cheers

Doug

I went for a drive just before, and is VERRY bad now. It is not just when breaking, it is about %80 of the time. I also noticed if i turn right it gets worse.

Cheers

Doug

The inner pad is the most important to check - it wears first, especially if you've got sticky slides. Maybe something lodged between pad and disc? I found a small stone lodged like that once at work.

The inner pad is the most important to check - it wears first, especially if you've got sticky slides. Maybe something lodged between pad and disc? I found a small stone lodged like that once at work.

Ok i will check the inner pad tomorrow.

It had actually crossed my mind there might be something lodged in between.

Cheers

Doug

mate if you want to check the inner pad on the right hand side go full lock to the left, easy!

they should only wear unevenly when there is a problem like a sticking caliper, otherwise they should be fine.

Thanks for your help everyone.

The caliper slides were sticky to it wasnt releasing, thus wearing the inside pad to nothing=/

My Faja has told me how replace the pads myself, so i don't have to ask ,WOO

Thanks again.

Doug