Ke55 Mirror Replacement

Jimpoole

Due to someone having a grudge and not having enough balls to confront me, they smashed my driver's mirror off. Either that or random vandalism, and this is the 2nd time now. Last time I was egged for the record.

Now KE55 coupe parts are as rare as hen's teeth down here in Newcastle and I don't really fancy buying parts interstate and buggering around with postage.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a aesthetically pleasing replacement that could bolt straight onto the standard screw holes, and would be easy to come by.

I know that XA GT Falcons fit perfectly, but they'd be even rarer again.

Any suggestions? What replacements have you blokes used?

Members dont see this ad

I honestly think your easiest and cheapest option would just be to buy one here off a car being wrecked.

Most members are trustworthy to make a purchase via bank deposit, if you don't like that then pay the extra $9.70 for COD through your local post office.

There is also replacement ones on ebay pretty cheap.....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-COROLLA-KE10...id=p3286.c0.m14

Due to someone having a grudge and not having enough balls to confront me, they smashed my driver's mirror off. Either that or random vandalism, and this is the 2nd time now. Last time I was egged for the record.

Now KE55 coupe parts are as rare as hen's teeth down here in Newcastle and I don't really fancy buying parts interstate and buggering around with postage.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a aesthetically pleasing replacement that could bolt straight onto the standard screw holes, and would be easy to come by.

I know that XA GT Falcons fit perfectly, but they'd be even rarer again.

Any suggestions? What replacements have you blokes used?

The mirror the same as a sedan? If so then go to a big open-air wreckers (there's one down at Doyalson, as well as up at Beresfield, and Wakefield) and hunt around, a bunch of other Toyotas from the same period have the same style mirrors (XT130 Coronas, KE70s etc) so just play mix and match. A couple of times that I've been to the Doyalson one they've had KE30 and KE55 sedans (no coupes though), last time they didn't though (looked like they'd had a big clearout) so you could strike it lucky.