Weld On Cannon Muffler??? 87 Corolla

rolla-87

Hey guys,

just wondering, do you think its worth getting a weld on muffler (Cannon) on a 87 corolla?

Looking at spending just around $100. Would it sound alright? or make it sound like a joke?

Its automatic.... and i just want it to have a bit of sound. cbf with a full exhaust system.

Thanks people.

Members dont see this ad
i think slow and silent (stock) exhaust is good.... being loud and slow, its just kind of lame IMHO

can't agree more.. the missus has a cannon welded on the end of her stock exhaust on her festiva.. FAIL lol :jamie:

very very loud and yeah but i mean if you like it go for it mate..

:dance:

Haha, or better yet, remove exhaust at extractors! It's only weighing you down anyway. Pfft... emissions.

But in all seriousness, cannons = epic gay.

They sound like a fart in a can! Not cool.

But i hear your cheap call... i myself bought twin cannons because they were cheap and i like loud noises. You think one cannon is loud haha... But we're all on a budget of some description. But i think you'll find it will look stupid and out of place if that's all you're going to do. There's so many better options than a cannon, even maybe something brand name but second hand off ebay or something?

can't agree more.. the missus has a cannon welded on the end of her stock exhaust on her festiva.. FAIL lol :jamie:

very very loud and yeah but i mean if you like it go for it mate..

:bash:

fail as in... it produces a really shit (fart in a can) sound, or just because its for a lady and it doesn't suit the car? I'm getting my P's next month, so i want my car to be decked out aha if u know what i mean...

Cannons on A-series engine just sound crap, pure and simple. Get a proper muffler and tip at the back and it'll sound 10 times better and a lot less like a wet fart in a milo tin.

ahahah thanks man. where can i find this? and price range? did us see that first ebay link? what u think about that?

A cannon is just a round straight through muffler, so if the internal diameter of the cannon

is the same as your exhaust pipe it will just give your car a sporty note, its only when

people put a 2.5-3 inch internal diameter cannon on 1.75 pipe that they sound like crap.

I have fitted more cannons than i care to remember and they can be made to sound very

noise.

Good luck with it