Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae93 Clutch Replacement

Featured Replies

oh right, well that brings up a tottaly unrelated question then, what clutch do people use when they have a 200 or a 212mm flywheel on a 4age with a W55 box behind it?

Your in luck, I found these a while back.

I'm still confused about the 212mm clutch discs, the new 20V clutch I bought a while back said 215mm on the box, so I'd guess 212 and 215mm are the same thing.

 

7K townace = is 215 X 28.9 X 21

 

I just noticed the 5K liteace doesn't match the W spline so its been removed.

Edited by beerhead

that is good to know, thanks.

 

Although I am sure the people at exedy would look at you a bit odd if you asked for a super heavy duty townace clutch

I think that info may be wrong going over all of it again... I wonder if there's 2 different splines on W boxes?

 

7K toynace definitely a W55 exedy say - 28.9mm spline

3SFE spacia - definitely a W55 exedy say - 29.8mm spline

 

 

 

 

28.9's

AE92, 1.6 Ltr, 4AGZE Supercharged 253mm bolt hole P.C.D. (152) from 10/90

Year 1990...

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 230 X 28.9 X 21

 

KR42R, 1.8 Ltr, 7K

Year 1996...

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 215 X 28.9 X 21

 

 

29.8's

 

RA60, 2.0 Ltr

Year 1981 to 1983:

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 225 X 29.8 X 21

 

KM36, 1.5 Ltr

Year 1986 to 1992:

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 200 X 29.8 X 21

 

YM21, 1.8 Ltr

Year 1984 to 1985:

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 215 X 29.8 X 21

 

SR40R, 2.0 Ltr, 3SFE, (most common)

Year 1998 to 2002:

Size, Spline OD & No. of Teeth 225 X 29.8 X 21

Edited by beerhead

my 2c worth:

 

I had a heavy duty exedy clutch in the ke55 and I was never happy with it, it always felt like it wasn't disengaging far enough to get smooth gear changes and it was really really heavy.

 

I now have a clutch industries/rpm/pbr whatever they call themselves these days heavy duty clutch and it is much lighter on the pedal, and disengages properly and I'm really happy.

 

The other interesting thing to note about my experience is that everything in my engine is balanced (I know I have a 4k and you guys are talking about *a* engines) and the exedy clutch had about 10-15 holes drilled in the cover plate on one side presumably to balance it, whereas my rpm clutch hasn't been touched, the flywheel has the holes drilled for balancing. Seems like a much more sensible and professional job to me, I don't know if this had any bearing on the life and failure of the first clutch.

 

The exedy clutch eventually let go, the pressure plate broke internally and refused to let go of the driven plate and I basically had no clutch. Not impressed.

 

Robert.

A mates KE70 stretched the original and a second handle clutch cable on a HD exedy over a couple of weeks before we fitted a brand new one, drove really well after that.

 

The reason I don't like PBR clutches is a mix of personal experience and a couple of mates running HD PBR's. What I've found is if you flat shift a gear and have the clutch not hold the power for more than a second or 2 they're ruined and you'll never put down the power properly again, Duggy's PBR behind a 4AGTE was toast in 2 weeks, from only one moment of slip. The standard exedy with close to 200,000km's in the old camry took hard shifts happier than the 10,000km PBR that's in there now, but I will admit it's really light and easy to drive.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.