2tg Rebuild

tambovski

Hi! I'm going to rebuild my rusty 2TG and need your help guys ))

5929dec7dacat.jpg

My 2TG stock block need to be bored up, due to rust and scratches on cylinder walls. I'm planning to install a turbo, so I think it needs lower comp. ratio (about 8.5...8.7:1). I can't find 3TC crankshaft here, so i'm going to use machined to 0.25mm stock crank with new 0.25mm main and conrod bearings. Conrods will be stock too. The problem is pistons. I'm asking some manufacturers of forged pistons, but the answers wasn't clear enogh to make a decision. Can I use ARIAS pistons #3730250 (see attached pic) for my rebuild? Any other adviсe? It's too hard to find 2TG spare parts for me. Some links will be appreciated ))

5c18247e1d24t.jpg

Members dont see this ad
BRD racing

turbo pistons....

BRD sells 2TC-3TC pistons.

That's it:

Wiseco Pistons Are Available For 2TC and 3TC In 86MM(.040), 87MM(.080), 88MM(.120) and 89MM(.160)

7.1:1 7.5:1 8.1:1 and 8.5:1 Available

Rings And Wrist Pins Included

But as far as I know 2TG and 3TC/2TC pistons have different pin heigth... I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm lookig for....

Join up on Toymods

http://www.toymods.net/forums/

There is a mass of quality info on there about 2TG 3TG builds including sourcing pistons and whatnot.

If you try and search 2TG within the forum, the search term is too short and won't accept it. Use google advanced search, and search 2TG within the Toymods website.