4age Coil And Ignitor

4AGE_Keto

Hey guys I really need your help to diagnose a problem. My 4AGE has been out of the car for about 1.5 years now. When it was in it all worked, now we can't get spark and the ignitor has power going to both positive and negative on my coil... Why is it doing this, is it broken or is something else stuffed.

Also the ignition barrel was customised a bit so a switch was used to send power to everything and a push button installed. It has now been returned to the barrel.

Pleas help me as I am trying to get the car registered again and this is really holding it up as there is only little things remaining to re regester it.

Members dont see this ad

haha yeh a coil is meant to have current flow through it which creates an electro'field which creates the massive spark that ignite fuel, your just attempting to put current in at both side instead of letting it flow through. so you willl have to fix this and then it should sort that out

Also, two wires from the gearbox aren't on. Just, sitting around. Could this be a problem as to why the coil isn't sending power?

Edit. Yes, it was because of those two wires sitting around doing nothing. It's been joined together and it starts. Problem is, now it wont rev, and it barely idles. lol.

Edited by Rancher