Cams Infomation

Teddy

Hey all

Well, as the topic says, I'm intrested in this Cams Lisence that every 1 talks about. I kno there is snips of info about cams lisences all thoughout the rolla club forums, but frainkly my internet is too slow to cope wirth searching, and i think it would be good if it could be explained in here 4 all the nebies intreseted in it as well.

I think i basicaly asked the Question, but ill be more percific.

The Cams Lisence...

How old do u have to be

What previous driving skills / lisences do u require / compolosry

What are the different (if any) classes of Cams Lisences

How Much does it Cost

Where do you Learn the rules for this Cams lisence, and what do u have to learn

Can any 1 go for the liesence?

anthing else which is good to know / hints / tips etc

Thanks for the help every 1.

Hopefullly if we can get just these 7 points anwsered, every 1 will be well infomed and no 1 will have 2 go searching - agaiin!

Cheers,

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

CAMS licence

You will probably be interested in Levels 1, 2NS and 2S, so I will concentrate on these.

1) How old do u have to be

Level 1: 12 and older

Level 2NS: 16 and older

Level 2S: 18 and older

2) What previous driving skills / lisences do u require / compolosry

None. All you need is application form and indemnity(Level 1) or Medical Statement (2S, 2NS)

3) What are the different (if any) classes of Cams Lisences

Lots.

4) How Much does it Cost (inc GST, per year)

Level 1: $20

Level 2NS: $44

Level 2S: $83

5) Where do you Learn the rules for this Cams lisence, and what do u have to learn

I think you get a little book or something. There aren't many rules for basic licences, really. If there are I don't know them either :D For more specific licences like Rally and Circuit you have to go for a lecture thing and take a tests etc. I've done the Rally lecture/test, wasn't very difficult.

6) Can any 1 go for the liesence?

I can't see why not as long as you have the requirements

7) anthing else which is good to know / hints / tips etc

Join a car club (eg HSCCQ, BSCC), get to know people in the sport, participate in events and put your hand up to help out if you can...

Well, Fook pretty much covered everything, except the rule book. That's the "CAMS Manual of Motorsport." It's a fairly lenghty tome that is updated yearly. It's about $60 to the great unwashed, but an easier way is to borrow last years one off me, and I always have a last years one, because the barstards make me buy a new one when I renew my Rally License. Not a great deal changes, and anything major, I'll be able to tell you anyway. It tells you everything. And you can't hold a decent argument at an event unless you a) have one, and b) know it. At club level though, it's not imperitive to have one, unless you're building a car to a particular class. Hope this helps.

R