Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyre Placard

Featured Replies

Hey Guys and Girls,

 

Chasing someone that could make me a tyre placard sticker to my specs.

 

Is basically a stock one modified to suit my needs.

 

Bellow is one i made in excel and dimensioned in paint so excuse the crudeness.

 

Anyone that can help, please PM me.

 

 

post-5493-1259505348_thumb.jpg

 

CHEERS

Ryan

what are you trying to achieve from this?

 

I could best suggest you try to buy a new tyre placard from a later model corolla that has specs that you desire and stick it in place of factory one.

 

If not possible, why not take a digital photo of the current one, photoshop the details in that you wantm then take it to a signwriter who should be able to print a sticker for you.

 

good luck, would like to see how it goes as i've thought of doing something similiar.

 

-dave

  • Author

Hi Dave,

 

I'm doing this because as it is there are two spare spots on my stock placard.

 

As SA regs go i can only increase my rolling diameter by 15mm.

 

So i figured, put in the details i want so if a cop looks at the card. everthing will appear within limits.

 

I know of a few guys doing this on late model commodores to be able to run 20's and stuff.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

how big do you want to go???

 

I had 205/40/17's on my ke38. They fit beautifully, on 17 x 7 rims.

 

I don't know how much i went bigger in rolling diameter though...

 

good luck. :D

 

I was going to use a late model corolla tyre sticker, cause no cop is going to check to see whether the model code lines up with the tyre placard.

 

I was going to use one that said i ran 15 inch wheels stock.

 

but now i'm back to 13" anyway....

  • Author
how big do you want to go???

 

I had 205/40/17's on my ke38. They fit beautifully, on 17 x 7 rims.

 

I don't know how much i went bigger in rolling diameter though...

 

good luck. :D

 

I was going to use a late model corolla tyre sticker, cause no cop is going to check to see whether the model code lines up with the tyre placard.

 

I was going to use one that said i ran 15 inch wheels stock.

 

but now i'm back to 13" anyway....

 

I want something that'll give me some breathing room if i choose to run some mid profile 15's

 

I might be able to get away with it now but just in case :|

 

Will scope the wreckers tomorrow arvo or the weekend to see what i can find.

 

Cheers.

Anyone heard the word fraud. If you are in a serious accident and they find an illegally modified sticker then you will be in the shit, both with insurance and legally.

 

That said - get some sticker sheets that can be printed on. Just like the print on labels but bigger. Print your image and get some "water proofing" spray from an art shop (I use Crystal Clear approx $12 can) to coat your sticker. Once dry cut it out and stick it on.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.