Brakes Failing!

punchy111

mk so, my brake light switch was not working, the bolts holding it in place had loosened so it slipped back and was not turning the brake light. so i fixed that and i noticed the brakes were really tight when i pressed it. as in the brake peddal didnt go down as far as it once did. so i topped up my brake fluid and drove it for a coupple of days. a few days after fixing the switch i noticed that the brakes became very squishy and were not as sensitive as the once were. since then they have gotten very bad. so bad that the brakes hardly work ithout pumping the pedal once before the car begins to brake. anyone have any suggestions?? could it be a bubble in the lines? i really don't know.

Members dont see this ad

I've been loosing brake fluid in my daily. Started off as a resevoir every month and then got as bad as a resevoir every week.

Turned out to be a metal line leaking from where it bolts into the diverter block on the firewall. Replaced the line and bled the brakes. Best brakes i've had in a long time now :)

Do yourself a favour and buy one of those 'Self Bleed Brake Kits'. I have persisted with doing it the old fashioned way for years. I used one on the weekend and it was so easy.

I've been loosing brake fluid in my daily. Started off as a resevoir every month and then got as bad as a resevoir every week.

Turned out to be a metal line leaking from where it bolts into the diverter block on the firewall. Replaced the line and bled the brakes. Best brakes i've had in a long time now :)

Do yourself a favour and buy one of those 'Self Bleed Brake Kits'. I have persisted with doing it the old fashioned way for years. I used one on the weekend and it was so easy.

self bleed? so i don't need the missus, awesome.

Edited by blzbub666

mate in my experience's with work and my cars it sounds like you either have air in your lines or a leak some where... wheel cylinders are normally the main problem for leaks (i have noticed).... good way to check where its leaking form is park it on a flat surface like the garage floor etc etc and pump the peddle a good ten+ times if theres a leak your gunna notice the fluid. ive had my ke70 and ke26 both blow wheel cylinders and yeah it freaks you out when all of the sudden you have no brakes................anyway good luck