What Inserts Have You Used In Xt130 Front Struts?????

JDM55

Sure, but how snug? A millimetre will kill the heat transfer efficiency, even the coat of paint will act as an insulator..

As I remember it, we took Rob's struts apart to see if we could re-valve them, thinking they were wet ones, and found inserts inside. They were 'dry' so we poured the oil in and filled the strut. They weren't 'loose' at all, but it still took a noticeable amount of oil to fill the airgap.

Members dont see this ad

If your road car is over working the shocks to the point they are over heating, there is something seriously wrong with the set up of the car!

By all means do it if you like, but don't spout it as a "must do". People don't need to be misled by cockamamy ideas that you think are a good idea.

If your road car is over working the shocks to the point they are over heating, there is something seriously wrong with the set up of the car!

By all means do it if you like, but don't spout it as a "must do". People don't need to be misled by cockamamy ideas that you think are a good idea.

Well, you're right in that these are motorsport-orientated ideas, I worked it out on a rally car over thirty years ago & Rob's car is used for rally events.

But it improves the efficiency of the vehicle, has no downside and costs very little, so its a handy thing to take from motorsport to road work.

50-100ml of oil with a shock insert is advisable aparently, any way went thru that list and found the ae92 shocks to be of interest,unfortunatly the cheaper version of these only came in a complete strut, tryed pedders and found them very un helpful,

ended up going to a koni suspention place.,top performance ,melbounre, highly recomended ,the guys there were very helpful didnt f@$k me round ,i took all my struts etc in and we measured everything up and found a suitable shock in sert to fit, so ive ended up with a koni adjustable sport gas insert, wasnt looking to spend that much but ahh well they were needed and suited to aplication so thats what ive ended up with ,cheers