Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheel Spacers

Featured Replies

Ok

 

A: Are they legal?

B: Ive seen two types, the ones like large washers, and bolt on. I guess the washer ones you would need longer stud bolts, up to a certain width? And the bolt ons do the same thing but without the need of new stud bolts? Just some clarification please :y:

C: For both what is a safe width? Are they safe at all? I know a lot of people here use them.

 

I'm trying to fit my 17's and they basicly have no dish to them and there aint much room to begin with on a ke70 front strut.

 

Is there an easy way to measure off set? Could i just put small washers on untill they fit, and measure the total width of the washers? Or would suspension travel be a factor?

 

And yeah i will roll the guards. Which brings me to another question. Is everyone just lipping the guards or pushing the verticle flat bit out some more? I added a diagram if it helps, its pretty shit but i think you will get what i mean. I don't wanna start beating my guards out if i can just lip them.

 

flared_guards.jpg

 

I understand its probably gonna depend on the wheels I'm trying to fit, lowering etc. I just want to get some advive as i have a pretty overrated ke70 and really don't want to have to reverse whatever i do to it. Bear with me!

 

Cheers guys, merry xmas and all that malarkey!

spacers are illegal.

 

As you said, a heap of people run them, they are unlikely to cause you any drama, unless you have power.

 

The spacer type ones are normally 5-8mm, the bolt on type are 15mm and above.

  • Author

wouldnt you need to shorten your original stud bolts to bolt them on? The bolt on ones? And use a shorter wheel nut? And is 5-8 safe? Ive got a stock 4k and not planning on much. Those bolt on ones confuse me and can't seem to find any literature on them.

wouldnt you need to shorten your original stud bolts to bolt them on? The bolt on ones? And use a shorter wheel nut? And is 5-8 safe? Ive got a stock 4k and not planning on much. Those bolt on ones confuse me and can't seem to find any literature on them.

 

 

hey mate i have 8mm spacers on my car on every wheel... i have no problem with them cept i doesnt leave you much thread for the wheel nuts.. works fine for me thou

post-9732-1260876096_thumb.jpg

post-9732-1260876165_thumb.jpg

post-9732-1260876257_thumb.jpg

yeah your originals might be longer than a ke70 tho? ps your car is mad!

 

 

 

yeah true on that..... yeh cheers bro.. its for sale in the top 15 if you wanna see more pics on it :y:

dude ive been staring at your car for weeks since it was on sale drooling. Never thought i'd wanna get rid of my e7 for anything but...pity you in Nsw.

 

 

I'm in adelaide mate hahah.... cheers dude. ive put heaps of work into it... i wanna get the bolt on spacers next they look better

hey mate as for slip on spacers they are a waste of time and money they will put more straine on your studs and as for bolts on spacers you don't have to use them you can get wheels that fit with the right offset but bolt ons are used on a lot of cars even some as a factory item 911 turbo they have a longer wheel base then the 911 non turbo and all done with just a bolt on spacer

Spacers don't change the wheel base. Just changes track :)

ive got bolt ons on all four you should always get all four done it cost me $300 for all four but there 25mm thick much safer the slip on ones i reckon

 

and i think you might be able to get them enginered aswell i no the ke70 jasco automotive has them done.

  • Author

yeah ill def go for bolt ons but like i said before if i get 25-30mm spacers and my orig wheel bolts stick out say 35mm should I lop the ends off or get shorter ones. I know shorter prob better idea but take the end off with a grinder with the nut tightened down so I can unwind it and open the thread back up? If I do this I want to be as safe as possible even though I wont be thrashing it, it will just be a cruiser.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.