Doors Wont Open With Remote

gt88

My 1997 Corolla Conquest wont open with the remote and as a result the immobiliser wont turn off which is causing the car not to start. I'm thinking that one of the door actuator is dead which is causing the doors not to open with the remote. Battery is fine.

Do you think that a door actuator is causing the problem? If so, how do I determine which actuator is at fault?

Members dont see this ad

doesn't sound like an acutuator, could be the battery in the remote if you have another remote try that. Or if the lights flash but the doors don't open, open the car using the key and press the unlock button and see if it will start? If it starts when you manually open the doors and use the remote it could be your central locking system either a fuse or something like that. It could even be that the car battery is flat?

Not the battery. I tested with a multimeter and its reading fine.

The reason why I believe it may be the actuator is that when you push the button on the remote it makes like a 'errr' noise. The indicator lights don't flash. The remote is only a few month old so I don't believe the battery in the remote is dead. Ive got two remotes and tried with both but neither seem to be working.

I'm starting to think more and more its the drivers door actuator. I opened with the key then pushed the unlock button and all the locks pop up then go back down except for the drivers lock which stays down. Tried turning the car on but it doesnt start as the immobiliser light is still flashng. How do you switch off the immobiliser from the engine bay?

The errr noise is coming from the doors.

Checked the fuse box near the battery but there didnt seem to be any fuses which relate to central locking.

You can't just turn it off, ok to get things clear you've opened the car (drivers door lock up (unlocked)), pushed the unlock button and no start. Like you said the actuator sounds stuffed, but if you've unlocked it with the latch up on the drivers door and still no go sounds like the actual immobiliser could be stuffed....without a wiring diagram or being near the car i can't really suggest anything else...lol get my trade certificate in 37 days :P :)

ummmm....ok yeah your probably right about the actuator then, according to the diagram theres a switch inside the actuator that tells the BCM when its unlocked or locked (can't tell just from the diagram). If you know how, put a test light on the Blue wire going to the BCM and the other side to 12v, then manually lift the door lock, test light should light up...also on the diagram there are 4 seperate blue wires so maybe on the back of the plug its labelled LSWO. http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff177/p...oorlocksEAR.jpg thats the diagram you need

Edited by jono1986