What Is That?

original

Could someone tell me what would cause my intercooler piping to be lined with this?

P1010625.jpg

Doesnt smell oily

No milky sludge under the oil cap

Oil is topped up

Water is topped up

has been getting rather warm lately

burns 2 sec of oil on ignition (valve stem seals?)

breather and catch tank to fix perhaps?

Edited by original

Members dont see this ad
Could someone tell me what would cause my intercooler piping to be lined with this?

[

Doesnt smell oily

No milky sludge under the oil cap

Oil is topped up

Water is topped up

has been getting rather warm lately

burns 2 sec of oil on ignition (valve stem seals?)

breather and catch tank to fix perhaps?

G`day mate, have a check and see if that sludge is water soluble. If so the problem could lie with your air cleaner not doing a good job. Although I don`t use a turbo yet, it seems that most brands will blow a bit of oil through in normal operation.

Over heating would most likely not be related to your turbo unless you are using a water cooled type. If you are and you are using coolant not water (I hope) there could be a bit of leakage there too. Some coolants use a soluble lubricant and the sludge could even be that.

Good luck anyway.

Old Fella.

this is dumb but.. Maybe the turbo is sucking in heaps moist air... and when its compressed it makes moisture inside the intercooler because of the rapid expansion and compression from the turbo and then cooling it down making it dense and moist? Does this make sense. Heck i don't know. Might be the reason.

But the picture seems metalic... So maybe your seals on your bearing have gone a little ?