New Engine - Black Smoke - Bad Performance

TOMsGPTurbo

Hey guys

As most of you know I put a 4EFTE (Starlet GT Engine) into my Corolla II GP Turbo, now when I first drove it around it seemed great, smooth, fast & powerful.... now its a whole new story..

The engine feels like its struggling to get power specially on boost and when boost kicks in black smoke pours from the exhaust and I go a little bit quicker.

I spent thousands on getting this engine in and running right only to have this occur 1 and half months later. When I advised the problem to the mechanic who put it in he told me to come in next month (when my warrenty is expired) so he can have a look at it.

I've been thinking of what the problem could be and have a couple of ideas:

1, spark plugs

2, map sensor

3, damaged hose

What do you guys think?

Tom

:ph34r:

P.S: When I 1st got the car I could beat turbo'ed celica's and commodores, recently a pajero kick my arse :D

Members dont see this ad

funny you mention oil..... I did like 5 000 k's(1month) check the oil and its nearly on empty :blink:

Yeh boosts sorta around the same... its like as if I've lost 5psi worth of boost - I can't check cause i don't have a boost gauge... :D

I hope its not the Turbo... I would think it would blow black smoke if turbo was gone... and leaking oil ??? :D

I've talked to 2 mechanics and they both think its a fuel problem.. I suppose I normally get 450km's per tank of optimax (32ltrs) and I'm only getting 400km's... now... :blink:

Any ideas?

Tom,

i was just working on my ke25 and the solution to your problem struck me

get yourself a big piece of cardboard that says "ENGINE BLOWS SMOKE, CONVERSION DONE BY THIS SHOP, TOLD TO BRING BACK AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRES" then drive your car to the conversion shop, park it outside and chain it (with good expensive mining chain) to something solid and leave your piece of cardboard in the windscreen

you will either get your car looked at very quickly or have it towed

good luck!

i still think your turbo is f@$ked. take your dump pipe off and see if there's oil pouring out of the turbo flange

i was just working on my ke25 and the solution to your problem struck me

get yourself a big piece of cardboard that says "ENGINE BLOWS SMOKE, CONVERSION DONE BY THIS SHOP, TOLD TO BRING BACK AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRES" then drive your car to the conversion shop, park it outside and chain it (with good expensive mining chain) to something solid and leave your piece of cardboard in the windscreen

you will either get your car looked at very quickly or have it towed

good luck!

i still think your turbo is f@$ked. take your dump pipe off and see if there's oil pouring out of the turbo flange

haha that could work... :D

Tommi

well see.... I ran out of money... when it came to front mount intercooler.. so the top mount has lived under the bonnet getting no flow.. I hope they don't' try to use that to get out of it...ACCC will be advised if warrenty is not hounered

Tom.