Steering Rack :) For Ke36

KESR20

Hey everybody,

ive recently discovered quick racks, 2.2 - 2.5 turns too full lock! b ut i can't find any for ke 36s does anyone know where i could get one as a aftermarket part?

ide really find this nifty especially for drifting as ude need less turns.. yea ? yall get me :thumbsup:

info would be much apretiated

thanksss peepss

Members dont see this ad
Hey everybody,

ive recently discovered quick racks, 2.2 - 2.5 turns too full lock! b ut i can't find any for ke 36s does anyone know where i could get one as a aftermarket part?

ide really find this nifty especially for drifting as ude need less turns.. yea ? yall get me :thumbsup:

info would be much apretiated

thanksss peepss

As far as I know you have a steering linkage, not a rack and pinion setup.

Not to worry, you can get shorter steering knuckles to quicken the steering. I'm not sure exactly what fits, but I'm sure if you go to the wreckers and measure the strut stud pattern you can work it out.

Yeh you'll be best off fitting a later steering rack into it. Bugger trying to get different steering rates out of a bloody steering box!

The cheapest and easiest solution would be these, provided the strut stud pattern is the same.

http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=789

They give you 2 positions to choose from, both of which will increase the rate of the steering and the amount of total lock you have which is better for drifting.

There are 2 ways to do this type of mod in a car with rack and pinion.

1 as you already know is the quick rack, made to fit ke70/ae71/ae86 steering racks exclusively and produced out of england by quaife. Best bet to find one is from Palmside NZ. I bought mine about 2 years ago for 31 NZ delivered. Then I had to fit it. You would also be needing to fit mounts on your crossmember etc to make it work, and in my opinion this whole exercise is well beyond someone who is just learning what steering knuckles are. Rack placement is crucial to handling, so Id avoid that as a novice 100 percent.

2 this brings us to option 2, shorter steering knuckles. You are effectively shortening the radius of the steering arm by just fitting shorter ones. Therefore for the same horizontal displacement of the steering(turns lock to lock) you are achieving a greater steering angle.

In a steering box and linkage equiped vehicle, you will find option 2 easier. You will not need to convert to rack and pinion. You will also achieve more lock which is better for drift. You will probably be able to turn the wheels until the wheel hits the chassis rail. Be careful, and look at doing this for the track only. don't drift on the street. Thats bad news.

Have a safe one. :dance: