Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Retractable Seatbelts - Ke20

Featured Replies

Has anybody done this conversion at all?

 

I can see that there are plenty of kits available but is it a real mission to do?

 

any advice would be great cheers

I've done mine in my KE16, I used a Klippan K2255. It is a standard 90deg x 90deg reel with with a strappy button thing, not a stalk button thing... (brain not working - you know what I mean, the plastic vaginaesque bit with the red button)

 

Basically, I used the one with the adjustable strap because the stalks are all too long for ke1x's.

 

I also had to weld a mount point in my sill panel; the strap on the ke1x's is flat on the floor so I couldn't use this mount point for the reel, I just welded a 3mm gusset plate to the sill with a nut welded to the back of it.

Useless fact #192

 

Te2x's in the US in some models came with retractable seat belts front and rear.

 

I picked up a set from the US in good condition.

 

Yes I know they are old and you shouldn't buy second hand seatbelts.......

Ex missus had a set fitted to her KE20. Bolted up to the factory mounts.

I put them in my Ke20, used the standard mounts and used the sill panel somewhere to mount the other anchor point (as it was part of the chassis).

 

can't remember exact details but it was easy and looked 100% stock.

  • Author

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys.

 

If anyone knows a place to buy them from would be sweet.

 

And if anyone lives in Brissie and want to give me a hand once I got em theres beer in it for you :wink:

Repco, autobarn, sprints, supercheap, motortraders, bursons.... The list goes on.

 

Walk in and ask them for the unit to suit your car and they will provide. The brand you want is Klippan. It's very easy to install. Unbolt old, bolt in new. My only issue as mentioned was that I didn't have good mounts, the boys have confirmed that your car does. Good luck with it.

  • Author

I just ordered them :hmm:

 

YAY COMFY SEAT BELTS!!!!!

 

All I need now is for my car so go in a straight line :wink:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.