January 26, 201016 yr comment_408476 Heys, this is my first post and I would love to share my corolla with everyone on rollaclub :hmm: A bit of history. My dad brought this car brand new in 1987, he brought the car to woo my mom, at the time they were still dating :D. For $10000 not bad at all, base trim came without stereo and speakers, cloth interior and manually cranked windows. My dad even told when I was a little boy, that one day that the car will be mine, and now as part of destiny the car is mine! I've been the driving the car for two years now, when I first received it, there was 122xxx on the cluster, now its 132xxx. The car has been maintained fairly well, regular oil changes and spark plug replacements have been done. I also blog about my Corolla Project Factory Specs: Engine: SOHC 1.6L 8v 4ALC Carbourator: Aisan 2BBL Drivetrain:FWD 175/60/r13 Tires etc, etc, etc What I've done: Performance: Carbourator: Weber 38 DGES Ignition: 81'' Tercel Dizzy + MSD Blaster Coil 2 + NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs + Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Timing Advanced Tires: 195/60/14 Tires w/ Starform Rims Suspension: Lowering Springs Exhaust: 2"1/4 Exhaust Piping w/ MRC Dual Tip Muffler Interior: GT Grant Wheel Type R Tach JDM Metal Pedals Carbon Fiber Shift Knob Pioneer Audio Unit w/ 2 way Speaker System (Working on a 4 way audio right now :cool:) Broadway Wide Rear View Mirror Exterior: Cressidia Front Lip '87 Type R Headlight bulb Amber Yellow Fog lights The car runs like a champ, feels like a go cart due to light weight and FWD! The Weber DGES produces more much torque and power than the stock carb, and sounds wicked. I primarily use this car on the mountain passes, so handling and response is more important to me than raw power. Plans: Street Cam- Mild Duration Suspension Work And my friend's AE82 :dance: Engine Bay MRC Dual Tip exhaust being installed Dash Side Shot Enjoy! Edited January 27, 201016 yr by AE82Sedan Report
January 27, 201016 yr comment_408676 Nice bit of history about the car.. :D Haha, AeXX sedans are starting to take over this forum. What part of the world are you from? I noticed your car is left hand drive :hmm: Report
January 27, 201016 yr Author comment_408688 Nice bit of history about the car.. :hmm:Haha, AeXX sedans are starting to take over this forum. What part of the world are you from? I noticed your car is left hand drive :cool: Thanks, lol. Yeah, a couple of my friends have AE82 sedans, and its awesome when we roll in a group. Even my AE86 friends love their FWD counter-parts :D I'm from the United States, hence the left hand drive. :dance: Report
January 29, 201016 yr comment_409258 also in MPH not KPH. looks cool will keep my eyes on the thread! Report
January 31, 201016 yr comment_409756 The looks pretty tough with the front lip. Is that bumper stock? It sorta looks like a series 1 ae82 bumper but its missing all the little plastic vents underneath..? Report
February 1, 201016 yr comment_410168 hey dude i blew out when i saw the steering on the other side... thought it was a mirror image pic lol can't say ive seen a front bar like that... is it stock? sort of reminds me of a ksev front bar the way the indicators are closer to the bottom! def not a series one tho! love to see more pics of this and see the difference to an aus ae82 :jamie: moe Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_410540 The bumper is not stock, It was replaced a few months after my dad brought the car, due to a collision (this was in 1987, lol). The lip is off a 1987 Toyota Cressidia. Report
February 17, 201016 yr Author comment_414675 Pictures from the Ae82Nights meetup..which is just me and my friend for now lol. In all seriousness I'm in consideration of a turbo 4AC build. From my understanding it doesn't seem that difficult. I'm guessing I need a new exhaust manifold that will feed the turbo? From there on it seems its just a matter of running a oil line to lubricate the turbo, and hook it up to the intake on the carb. Meanwhile running low boost (possibly adding a intercooler later). Is there anything I'm missing? Edited February 17, 201016 yr by AE82Sedan Report
February 26, 201016 yr Author comment_417125 Street Cam Installed 232 in 236 ext .370 lift DC sports front strut bar installed With the cam acceleration and power has improve dramatically. With a lot more torque at the mid rpm range, and power until the 6k redline. A newer honda accord tried to race me on a twisty road I lost him completely on the corners it wasn't until the end that on a straight away that he finally appeared, but he was about 2 to 3 seconds behind me. At that point it was pretty much over. Report
February 26, 201016 yr comment_417229 Thats cool, i noticed a fair power increase with just an exhaust on my 4ac but with Webber's and cam I'm sure its a little beast :happy: I just noticed a few things with your ae82 different to ADM corolla's Your front bumper is different Indicators and reverse lights are above the taillights instead of below Dash cluster surround is different. Horn is in a different spot Anything i missed?? :lolcry: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now