Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Face Book Chat

Featured Replies

The JWChat looks nice, and is not as easily mistakable to be chatting with the incorrect person due to the separate windows.

 

The others look nice but me personally would like something that works well and may not be as flashy as you may want. As well as ive done it on numerous occasions where you accidentally close all tabs on one particular window and then you could lose some important info that you haven't had a chance to memorize or record on another format.

 

Although they're my ideas and the fascias may be interchangeable with JWChat so it opens in separate windows. and that near combines the best of both worlds.

 

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

  • Replies 35
  • Views 63.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hrmm... After some more playing and a brief chat with one of the developers I think I might go back to the original server software and probably JWChat. The facebook bar does have a few issues, one key problem being that theres no function to add buddies which is fairly crucial for our implementation. Its also lacking group chat and a little bit of internet explorer compatibility plus a few other little quirks that should really be fixed.

Developer released a new version that does work with my preferred server (yay!) but if left open overnight it memory leaks and then proceeds to DoS my server (floods it with unterminated connections). So yea big NO to that software at the moment. Might revisit it later.

 

 

What I might do is offer as many options as possible that are compatible with each other and then you can make the decision about which one to use.

 

Heres one of the previous ones I showed overlaid on a Rollaclub iframe.

 

The windows move around within the browser window. You can collapse them to create more room without closing them.

 

ijab17overlay.png

  • 4 months later...

Any more progress with this, as i think that it would be great to just send someone a PM.

 

Keep up the great work.

I haven't really looked at it a whole lot recently to be honest. Just finished our new network deployment at work which is why I haven't been around here much for the last couple of months. Hopefully now I have to spend less time on that I can spend some more time on Rollaclub stuff.

 

I had a look at the new beta for the one I want to use and it looks like they've been fixing up the stuff we need. I might have to fire up my test server and have a better look. Who knows, could be only a couple of months away.

  • 1 year later...

You could always put up a chatroom thing on the website that incorporates private messaging within the chat system, A chat system like facebook would be one big round head f#$K in the way of coding, can be done, but As facebook does, to get the maximum out of your Website you would have to run a second server or host for the chat, and it would then just popup on the screen as an external link incorporated in the site design.

though i think the just chat room thing would be great :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.