4ac Timing Belt Marks

chester_fb

• 6 months later...
Members dont see this ad
hey man.

Did you ever find the answer to this question? I am replacing a snapped timing belt this weekend on a 4AC.

Thanks,

Line the crank gear mark up with the oil pump mark, the cam has to be set so the word 4A is upside down (2A at the top) and the little hole above the word 4A lines up on the centre mark (triangle) on the head.

If it isn't clear enough I will draw a pic.

don't you just love coming across Toyotas little parts interchangibilty? The cam for the 2AC engine is the same as the one for the 4AC engine, simply rotated 180 degrees. Very handy when searching for bits after your distributor shaft seizes up, tears several teeth from the drive gear and sdistorts the camshaft! :-)

Line the crank gear mark up with the oil pump mark, the cam has to be set so the word 4A is upside down (2A at the top) and the little hole above the word 4A lines up on the centre mark (triangle) on the head.

If it isn't clear enough I will draw a pic.

Dunno why but I had this around the wrong way :D

Here is a pic I just scanned:

post-1373-1282275525_thumb.jpg

• 13 years later...

Yo guys here way later than the rest of these replies, but if you see this, for all the 4a-c/4a-lc guys with the timing. The crank one is obvious lining the key on the crank gear to the dot. But with the cam gear make sure the 4a is on top lining with the centre triangle that you can see through the little hole.