Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tume's Vs Statesman Series Ii

Featured Replies

no worries man i would like to hear the progress for this car..

 

if you want to add some bling to ur front grill get some paint stripper brush it onto the black parts wipe with a rag after repeat this process a few times and bling pure chrome. paint stripper will not take the chrome off just the black paint. and also i have mounted my boost gauge in the dash where my clock was if u are going to do this let me know and i will give you a few tips..

  • Replies 33
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Yeah. Bottom end just ate a bearing on saturday so all the top end that was just repaired will be going onto a new rebuilt bottom end (ffs). So no progress for a few months while I calm down enough to have it done.

  • 9 months later...
  • Author

Wow been a long time since I've updated this.

 

Since the car ate the bottom its been sitting at my uncles, meanwhile I joined the army so have been interstate unable to do anything. Planning on taking this car up to my new place in Darwin now as I'm stubborn in walking away from something. So the car is booked in on Monday to Just Commodores, who have a rebuilt motor they are placing in for me. They are more concerned about if it breaks again then I am, as they know it will be interstate and if anything goes wrong they are going to be loosing a fortune as they have to pay someone else to do it. So thats good.

 

My cousin also has a tinting place that is one of his sponsors so the car is getting a tint done aswell, about 1 or 2 above the maximum legal.

 

Cousin should be pulling the stupid dent out of the boot aswell, and then it should be getting shipped up to Darwin for me.

Did you know that all L67's spin rod bearings?

 

I warned my cousin against getting an L67-powered VT Calais and he didnt listen.

 

Week and a half later it blew and ate the crank and all.

 

$6000 later and new engine has been built and guess what, it'll do it again.

 

I say quick fix it and piss it off ;)

  • Author

Hmm no I didn't Raven. I was under the impression it destroyed itself as some twat before me did a rebuild with Ecotec gear that snapped under the boost. In that case I may simply keep it until the warranty almost drops out. Leaves me with a year to find something old school with A/C, as my corollas are staying in SA.

  • Author

Yeah thats the one thing I have been pushing on to make sure it will be covered as I will be in another state. So as the person my dad has been arranging it through has said, they are going through it with a fine tooth comb as if something goes wrong they are going to be paying a fortune for someone else to fix what normally is stocked in their store and with their labour.

Mate gotta any pics of the Rodeo, haha

 

now thats a car if its the petrol 2.6L 4 cycl

 

KE looks a treat also

  • Author

Haha it was the petrol 2.6 lol. However my uncle has been collecting Roo's with his VN again so he is borrowing it at the moment. Which KE?

 

Also Raven cheers for the concern, planning on making sure its in writing on Monday when the car is dropped off.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Simple update. Making small adjustments to the car so that its all good for a while when I bring it up to Darwin.

 

So far all I have done is new tyres and brakes, and now tinting :P .

 

All thats left is to redo the A/C and ship it up!

post-4920-024173200 1297328069_thumb.jpg

post-4920-050538500 1297328080_thumb.jpg

post-4920-092420600 1297328091_thumb.jpg

Whats the shipping going to cost you ?

  • Author

Nothing. Toll does it for free because I'm in the army and have an entitlement to one. All I have to do is tell Toll and they sort out all the details :P

 

Only problem is that some people in Defence seem to be having issues lately with damages or just simply massive waits.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.