Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 93' Corolla From New Zealand

Featured Replies

never tire of seeing this :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 331
  • Views 478.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • this car has you wrapped around its little finger.   every factory option it wants you give it :P

  • I like your member title, suits you perfectly! :wink:   New interior looks great, you can enjoy it & the newly purified air together! :cool:

  • never tire of seeing this :)

  • Author

After not being happy with my initial 'TWIN CAM 20' sticker placement a few weeks ago I decided to give it another crack when some more arrived from overseas. It took me a week to decide on the most appropriate placement, and in the end I came to the conclusion that they'd look good on the sideskirts. It's a little bit out of the ordinary, but I like it much better than when they were on the rear doors.

 

IMG_8087-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8091_2_3_tonemapped2-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8106_7_8_tonemapped-resized.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

My latest addition is this rather rare USDM carpeted trunk lid liner. This was only available for the American market, so being the huge fan of factory options/accessories that I am I just had to have it, even if it wasn't an original JDM item. A good friend in the US kindly sent it over to me and I installed it a few minutes ago.

 

The bare skin of the trunk lid is no longer visible, creating a more elegant and luxurious look, usually reserved for higher spec'ed cars such as the Lexus range. One unexpected bonus is that the trunk now closes easily on it's own when you drop it from the top due to the extra weight of the carpet, whereas previously it would require a helping hand to latch in properly.

 

It's certainly not the most exciting optional extra in my collection, but it's simple and effective, just how I like it :)

 

IMG_8376-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8382-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8381-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8363-resized1.jpg

  • Author

Probably more comfortable for the hookers you stuff in there too.

 

Yeah, surely it's getting to the stage where they pay ME for a ride.

  • 2 weeks later...

installing the blacktop into ae100 was there much hassle on wiring the engine up to the ae100 loom

Man is love to own this thing!

 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

installing the blacktop into ae100 was there much hassle on wiring the engine up to the ae100 loom

 

I had the swap professionally done but it was very straight forward. The engine essentially bolted straight in and the wiring didn't take much effort with the use of an AE101 BZ Touring engine loom (same dashboard layout etc as my sedan so was plug-and-play).

 

Man is love to own this thing!

 

:D

 

 

I got these "Slammed Corolla" stickers in the mail from Iceland today, so I was quick to slap them on:

 

IMG_8619-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8626-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8628-resized.jpg

 

 

I also snapped this photo yesterday:

 

15907342-5-resized.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks! :)

 

I recently bought a Dual Action polisher and decided to test it out yesterday by giving the Corolla a good polish. I used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, followed by Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax. Took a couple of hours from start to finish but I was very happy with the result :)

 

IMG_8768-resized.jpg

 

IMG_8765-resized.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I'm very proud to announce that my Corolla is featured in the 'Daily Driven' section of this month's NZ Performance Car magazine :D. It's available in stores nationwide here in New Zealand and read by hundreds of thousands of people, so when I saw that it had come out a day early yesterday I immediately bought two copies. I've scanned the page and uploaded it below. The quality isn't 100% due to the scanner but still easily readable. To view it, simply click on the image below and press the zoom button (magnifying glass symbol) in the bottom right hand corner and then once more when the image pops up:

 

th_SCAN.jpg

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I got my car certified last week and it's now 100% legal :D. You only have to get a cert done if you install coilovers or do an engine swap etc, so when I had mine done I got the engine, coilovers, brakes and a couple of other things put on the cert plate to avoid any trouble with the cops in the future.

 

I also scored a genuine TRD fuel cap yesterday. I've always wanted one but had other things to spend money on for the car instead, so when I managed to get my hands on this one for free I was pretty happy:

 

IMG_8998-resized.jpg

 

IMG_9018-resized.jpg

 

IMG_9019-resized.jpg

Congrats on the cert. Love the engine number, does that mean you can change 4AGE's any time you like?

  • Author

Congrats on the cert. Love the engine number, does that mean you can change 4AGE's any time you like?

 

Thanks mate. Yeah I'm really happy that the engine number is on there. Saves any questions about it being different from the manufacturer's plate on the firewall. Yep, I can swap 20v's until the cows come home and it'll still be legal :D (providing it's a 20v of course, lol).

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

A few small updates from me:

I installed these aftermarket Denso Japanese "J Horn Power'd" horns. Here's a video/sound clip comparing them to my original OEM dual horns:

http://vid32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/tokeitup/tokeitup180/MyMovie.mp4

These Rays wheel nuts turned up yesterday from Japan:

IMG_9084-resized.jpg

IMG_9098-resized.jpg

IMG_9101-resized.jpg

IMG_9110-resized.jpg

 

Annnnd I bought a leaf blower to dry the cars after washing. Turns a half hour job into a 5-minute job and gets into all of the cracks and crevices, leaving the car bone dry. Wish I had started doing it years ago!

20140731_112157-resized.jpg

20140731_113628_HDR-resized.jpg

20140731_113847_HDR-resized.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.