Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Fuel System

Featured Replies

Hi everyone.

 

I have my ke70 pano with a 4age in it and it has been working fine for weeks, only now have I realised when I sit it on a hill petrol leaks out.

I havn't hooked a carbon cannister to the engine for a few different reasons, the main one being I don't know properly how to hook it up so I couldn't

be bothered.

 

So I have the fuel lines that come up to the engine bay on the left side, one is hooked into up near the inlet manifold and the other, goes no where. I never

hooked it up and have only just realised fuel leaks from it when I'm parked down a hill. It obviously comes direct from the fuel tank and I would assume

the carbon cannister outlet goes to the line and the fumes from the cannister go back into the tank. Is this line able to be plugged off and not used or

is this a Breather for the tank? do ke70's have sufficient breathers up near the tank area?

 

If this is a breather from the tank I better not cap it off. Theres some pictures of what I have temporarily capped off, but I havn't been driving the car.

THanks in advance for the help.

post-6547-1269049616_thumb.jpg

post-6547-1269049655_thumb.jpg

Yeah all good to block it off. The tank will breathe through the filler cap. :jamie:

 

Actually, I don't think you should ... the fuel system in a KE70 should be sealed, which means your cap shouldn't allow any breathing.

 

You might need to explain how you've rigged your fuel system for your 4AGE conversion ... as I understand it, people often use that breather line for the fuel return from the regulator.

 

However: bear in mind that I've never actually done a carb -> EFI conversion!

 

cheers,

Slapper

ah yes i had this drama. what does your fuel system comprise of? surge tank? 2 pumps? one pump?

 

that pipe that it is leaking from is under the level of the fuel. and so when the tank presurises it forces fuel out of the tank via that little pipe = fuel everywhere.

 

assuming you have a standard tank, in your tank there are 3 pipes.

 

-one is the feed to engine, which is the lowest pipe as you want to get as much fuel as you can.

-the 2nd is the return, which in my tank was about half as long, so prolly drops down about 20cm or so into the tank.

-the 3rd one is the breather, this only goes into the tank about 10mm, so it is always above the level of the fuel so the tank can actually breathe air when it is presurised.

 

now you have 3 fuel lines running up your car, there is 2 bigger ones and 1 smaller ones. you want to use the bigger ones for your feed/return and you want to use the smaller one for your breather.

 

now this is a little different to how it is setup with the standard engine, but i can't remember what exactly the standard setup is....

 

anyway what you need to do is the following:

 

-the breather pipe in the fuel tank (sticks in 10mm in to the tank), connect it to the smaller pipe, and at the other end connect it to your carbon canistor.

-the feed pipe in the fuel tank (the lowest pipe, closest to the bottome), connect it to one of the bigger pipes (via pump/surge tank etc) and then connect that to your fuel rail.

-the other pipe (sticks into the tank 20mm or so), this is your return to the tank, either via your surge tank or fuel reail etc

 

here is a picture of the thing in your tank, give you an idea of the pipes etc.

 

tankpipes.jpg

  • Author

hay guys thanks for the reply's their realy helpfully, gonna sus it all out soon. I just have 1 bosche fuel pump.

think I figured it out, so from top to bottom in the engine bay on left hand side

 

from tank

back to tank

breather

 

but I hooked it up wrong, I have the bottom one (the breather) as the fuel return and the back to tank

line is acting as the breather, and because it is submerged, thats where the petrol is leaking from.

Edited by the_van_can

  • Author

OK guys so I FINALLY understand now.

 

 

Three lines from the engine bay to the tank

 

From Factory:

 

the 4k is a carby motor therefore it sucks fuel up and very little fuel gets returned to the tank, so the return line is the smaller of the three.

And one of the bigger lines is actually the breather/cannister line.

 

Going fuel injected we want to change this and make the return line one of the bigger lines and the smaller one can be the breather/cannister.

So KE70 dave you were suggesting to chnage the piping back near the tank so the return line is the bigger line correct?

Edited by the_van_can

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.