Ke20 Build

Ke20Kidd

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of people using Dry ice on the sound deadner, it makes it more brittle and chips off easier.

You might have a bit of trouble getting your hands on some though.

Looking good mate.

Yeah, Dry ice... wouldn't have a clue were to even start looking. Plus $$$

And thanks, How are you going with everything? hospital and all?

I Wire brushed back were i thought there was a small amount of rust, turns out there is a rather mass amount.. :D will post pics later. Up and down the main pillar, under the Gutter rail.

So been trying to work out colors, and style.

I know it should be something i like but i like both the following styles. Just i wanna know what people want to see.

Stock?

Jap style?

Something completely different.

I'm thinking of going jap styles. Something like this? But with black fenders and black front scoop lip thing. Orange and matt black.

post-10674-1269933675.jpg

OR

like this...

post-10674-1269933788_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Guys, I have had a few lazy weeks with the car. waiting on primer and a Gun...

But now I'm going to be put behind even more, I have busted my leg and looks like it could be worse then we thought. Will try to get out and do what i can and post some more pics, But its hard to move around the shed and car on crutches.

I think i have worked out style, Color, Wheels and engine. Ill photo shop one while I'm sitting around doing nothing and post it up.

Nickk.

Ok Getting stuck in tomorrow to get the body work close to ready for paint.. new plan, All i want for my Bday is a massive cruise, Giving i don't loose my license.

This gives me just over a month to Prep the Car myself and find some one to paint it, Also resembling and all. With the help of mates this should be possible.

Can i do it? probs not but I'm going to try ;)

Good luck Nick, you sure have your work cut out mate !

Will you have access to or the money for a cheap daily hack ? If so I reckon you should take your time with this and build the killer rolla you had planned, you will be happy and bloody proud in the end !

You will find that spraying primer is great practice for topcoat and more forgiving. You might find that by the time you are up to topcoat you are up to the task yourself and it will save some cash. Some painters won't paint a car that they have not seen the prep for (this covers them incase the topcoat has issues due to poor prep).

Found a supplier of dry ice here.

Good luck Nick, you sure have your work cut out mate !

Will you have access to or the money for a cheap daily hack ? If so I reckon you should take your time with this and build the killer rolla you had planned, you will be happy and bloody proud in the end !

You will find that spraying primer is great practice for topcoat and more forgiving. You might find that by the time you are up to topcoat you are up to the task yourself and it will save some cash. Some painters won't paint a car that they have not seen the prep for (this covers them incase the topcoat has issues due to poor prep).

Found a supplier of dry ice here.

I have two other cars, So i don't NEED the Rolla To be done. I miss having a car to cruise in, and that turns heads. I Am going to try sell One of the other cars to Fund the Rolla (I have to Buy a new diff and wheels before i can). I have some Great ideas set out in my head, and in the end as you said it would be tops to finish the way i want it, not rushed.

Ill work out a game plan, Considering I'm not working atm. Doc's orders... It makes it harder, But i Have everything but the primer so Time to hit the neighbors up for some Handy man work around there homes.

If i was painting Acrylic i would be Confident now, with the level of painting i do at work. But 2pac I'm not to sure about, As you said i might work up confidence with the primer...

Ill post some pics later this week of the progress, Waiting to take the windows out... Ive never done it, so my mate that reckons he can,and is/was ment to come over.

Easiest way for windows? front and rear.

Lol. I started back at the sound deadner the other day, I'm only going to do the Floor pans Front and rear, not the trans tunnel. I'm finding Minimal Rust, mostly surface rust in the floor, The car is yet to be flipped so i will show any bad rust. Ive noticed for some reason, Maybe the weather.. But it is pealing away by it self, barely sticking to the floor so its a lot easier.

Fair call.

I didn't realise you were painting 2 pack, that's a whole different ball game.

Yeah :dance: I was going to Do acrylic, But the choice of color i want.. i don't think i will get the outcome i want with Acrylic.

Chosen the orange in the Pic a few posts back.

I wouldn't say that mate! You can get some really good results with acrylic especially with solid colours, you just need to spend time cutting back orange peel and polishing.

Here is a pic of my mates car in the Ford colour "Breeze" which is a metallic. He did it all himself in his shed and his parents are totally anti cars so his Dad was no help. Don't talk down the quality of the result you can acheive yourself ! :dance:

100_2146.jpg

My other mates car (again he did it himself and his parents are anti-cars and of no help) this is an example of a good result in a solid colour.

MOTORVATE2.jpg

The other advantages to acrylic are that it's safer and user friendly.

• 4 months later...

SHE IS FOR SALE!

As you can tell ive been away for a while. No time, Injuries and sickness :P

So I'm wanting to sell it for some money to put into moving house. Bond and shiz.

So nothings changed from the pics in the thread. Will add it to sale section soon