Canberra Parts Thread

seabiscuit

Haha yeah, cheap is good! :D

Was thinking of rebuilding my old one anyway, and by rebuild I mean headgasket.

Bodge yes, cheap yes. Bearings seem okay, but haven't finished pulling engine apart yet.

Got camshaft out, can anyone say lumpy regrind?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

WTB URGENTLY: Looking for a KE70 5-speed, or any KExx Corolla 4-speed in good condition. Need to put in the blue KE70

so it is in drivable condition. My uncle and aunt are in their last legs of University and both need a car each to make things a lot

easier.

So anyone got a ke30 accelerator cable...they don't need?

Mines just about broke...Got a new one on the way tho...

Should be one at Queanbeyan Auto Dismantlers, Sam! (If the car is still there) Give them a buzz!

Just a quick note to say 'A+ to Performance Plus in queanbeyan'. They put Tom's new webber on the 55, and did a great job! Very nice, honest service. Highly recommended
Good to hear guys! Did they tune it? How much did you pay for the job? I'm thinking of putting my rebuilt weber in and would like to get it tuned well.

Are you pulling 200rwkw's yet, Tom? :)

Japparts have at least 2 gearboxes if your really desperate.

That 3K head of yours Seabiscuit, what kind of condition is it in? Cos my old 4K one does have a crack in it.

Or if anyone has a decent 3/4K head they want to sell me?

Hey Bart, I wouldn't have a damn CLUE what the 3k head is like. It has hornets nests etc in there, but with a reco it

could be good. I'd say it has most-likely been taken straight out of a KE20 and the 5k been put in (when I had the

KE20's). It shouldn't have been tampered with, but may be a bit old. NEEDS reco, you can have for $20.

As for the gearbox last time I went there to ask a price it was a bit pricey (like all wreckers)

Good to hear guys! Did they tune it? How much did you pay for the job? I'm thinking of putting my rebuilt weber in and would like to get it tuned well.

Are you pulling 200rwkw's yet, Tom? :lolcry:

Hey Bart, I wouldn't have a damn CLUE what the 3k head is like. It has hornets nests etc in there, but with a reco it

could be good. I'd say it has most-likely been taken straight out of a KE20 and the 5k been put in (when I had the

KE20's). It shouldn't have been tampered with, but may be a bit old. NEEDS reco, you can have for $20.

As for the gearbox last time I went there to ask a price it was a bit pricey (like all wreckers)

:lolcry: they tuned it and it costed $206 bucks,the bloke said it goes pretty bloody good for a auto :yes: he was right too,also i was gunna ask you were you got your cam done cos i wanna do that next?

I too have dealt with Performance Plus when getting carby bits for my Holden, very helpful and cheap too.

I'm looking into camshaft regrinds too Tom, so I'll let you know what I find.

As for the gearbox last time I went there to ask a price it was a bit pricey

Yeah like $200 for an engine, same for gbox.

Um can I come round some time and check out the head?

I too have dealt with Performance Plus when getting carby bits for my Holden, very helpful and cheap too.

I'm looking into camshaft regrinds too Tom, so I'll let you know what I find.

Yeah like $200 for an engine, same for gbox.

Um can I come round some time and check out the head?

too easy thanks mate :lolcry: yeah i don't know who would do them? but il have a look round.

:yes: they tuned it and it costed $206 bucks,the bloke said it goes pretty bloody good for a auto :wink: he was right too,also i was gunna ask you were you got your cam done cos i wanna do that next?

That's a nice price, Tommo. Although my friend knows a bloke that is (IIRC) a retired mechanic and KNOWS his stuff about carby's, I'll

have to try him out first if he's still doing it.

As for the cam, I have no freakin idea - it came in the 5k. You should ask some of the "senior" members on here. They generally know

how best to get your cam done. The only thing I know about my cam is "35/75".. I have no idea what they mean, but I know the stock

ones are something like 14-18/45-55 at a guess.

• 2 weeks later...