seabiscuit

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid $35 for the dash, pulled it out myself. I don't think they have anymore, there were a couple of clock dashes in the wagon, but it might be worth a look. Not sure if Jap Parts is selling up? I saw an ad in the Canberra times walk in walk out. I suppose it means cheap parts for us if we're quick.

Also, thinking about getting struts from them, I was told $155 for struts with brakes from a RT142. These are similar to XT130's aren't they?

Went back to Jap Parts today looking for a T50 gearbox, the guy running the joint didn't even know there was an AE71! So I looked around but coundn't find one, although I'm no T50 expert finderer. Had a look at the cars out the back too, and the most exciting thing there apart from the wagon with a "sik, drift spec" wheel was an early 300zx. Oh, and the gearbox would have costed around 275 dorrars.

• 1 month later...
Went back to Jap Parts today looking for a T50 gearbox, the guy running the joint didn't even know there was an AE71! So I looked around but coundn't find one, although I'm no T50 expert finderer. Had a look at the cars out the back too, and the most exciting thing there apart from the wagon with a "sik, drift spec" wheel was an early 300zx. Oh, and the gearbox would have costed around 275 dorrars.

Heh, found the KE70 that you stole the Tacho Dash out of! :dance:

Will be checking out the Cooma wreckers early saturday morning for those of you interested!

Also excited because I've ordered a whiteline rear sway bar and lowered springs for my Rolla. Should start handling a bit better soon! :cool:

I was at super cheap at Q town looking for a dash mat for the kE70. No joy.

But I found two for KE 30/35. Pulled them off and lay them on the display unit below the dash mats just in case any one was after a new one.

Paul

If you find a KE70 one, let me know! I wouldn't mind one.

PS! - Cooma wreckers was a no go. Not allowed to wander around in there anymore. Unfortunately have to kindly ask what the bloke has and wait probably a week for

him to get back to you. We got pretty angry after the 1 hour drive :dance:

Edited by seabiscuit

I was at super cheap at Q town looking for a dash mat for the kE70. No joy.

But I found two for KE 30/35. Pulled them off and lay them on the display unit below the dash mats just in case any one was after a new one

Yeah queaby super cheap can sometimes have interesting stuff lurking around. Once found 55 break shoes for 5 bucks, and wheel cylinders for 5 bucks, and points for 2!

Just gotta be lucky i guess!

Cooma wreckers was a no go. Not allowed to wander around in there anymore

Maybe wwe should open a corolla ony wrecker our selves! Open to all rollacub members!

Pffftt, why do that, i don't need anything off a 70! :jamie:

Looks like I won't be getting it. Bloke said it was pretty much sold. It had a 5k, 5 speed, T-18 diff with reco'd centre and solex locks.

All for the measly sum of $250. ;)

Disappointed that I didn't get it.

EDIT: It had good tyres too! :)

Edited by seabiscuit