Stolen Bike

Taz_Rx

Hey all,

Last night my brother went to see one of his mates in Brighton and while he was inside somebody pinched his bike off the front lawn. :laff:

Its a 6 month old Suzuki DRZ400 SM (super motard) blue and white in colour. Would only have around 5000km on it.

Looks like this....

2010-suzuki-drz400sm-01-thumb.jpg

Thing that sucks is it was not insured due to his driving record.

If anybody hears anything in Hobart or is offered a "to go to be true price" on a near brand new bike, please let me know.

Cheers,

Si.

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...
Oh surprise surprise, Gagebrook....... :)

Glad it turned up though, much damage?

All of the key mechanism was wrecked, and hence the fuel tank that partially covers it was too. They also dropped it and dented one fo the radiators.

He only just got it back on the road last week some time after fixing it........

....... Now can you believe it's been stolen again from Devines Road in Glenorchy over the weekend. :) :bash:

Was talking to Mum last night and she said He thinks he knows who stole it. Thats why he left home with a cricket bat the other night and got brought home via a cop car! I'm sure I'll get the ful story later in the week.

On another note about getting it back last time. My bro and one of his mates decided to go for a drive to try and find it the day after it was stolen. Drove into guagebrook and found a crowd of guy in the backyard of the FIRST house, in the FIRST street they looked in. Drove around the back of said house and noticed the crown was gathered around his stolen bike!!!! He then called the cops, and jump the fence, yelled a bit and told them he was taking his bike. None of them really stopped him at all. Hung around in guagebrook for half an hour wating for the cops to rock up..... but then decided to leave when somebody came out of the house it was at with a sword!! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Got it back again.

One of his mates saw it being ridden around bridgewater and rang him to tell him. He went out and chased the guy, who dumped the bike and fled on foot. Aparently my bro then got chased on the bike by some bridgewater bogens so he just rode it straight to the cop shop.

Yeah damaged again, not sure how much yet. Still better than not getting it back at all.

Its locked up in my parents shed, but in the last months they've had kids snooping around trying to break in, as mum and dad both have bikes in the shed too. Dad chased them off one night then they came back the following night and tried to break into a kitchen window.

I would never live in the greater city of glenorchy ever again. :lol:

Unfknbelievable....... Invest in a decent shotgun :(

On a slightly different note, I was heading home tonight on one of the main roads in Ravo with a bad reputation, and there are kids just wandering across the road as they see fit, in front of cars and all..... KIDS :lol:

I forced myself to ignore the part of my mind telling me that I'm in the truck, I should hoof it, I own a hose and I have plausible deniability on my side..... It wasn't easy.

People need to learn that they are nothing more than slightly squishy speed humps, and the road is for CARS, not PEOPLE.