Accomodation In Launceston???

project_KE55

G'day everyone..

Does anybody know of any fairly cheap places to stay in launceston this weekend?

My girlfriend and myself are heading to the monster trucks on Saturday and trying to find some good/cheap accomodation. Plenty of places are fully booked.

can't really be bothered driving back to Burnie after we watch the monster trucks.

Just thought someone might know of somewhere thanks.

Cheers Mark.

Members dont see this ad

Do you actually realise why everywhere is booked out? Mate the whole Targa Tas camp is staying in Launy this weekend (as Targa starts next week) so they've taken up the majority of accom. Some places do still have some vacancies, I work in the HGC Launceston and I know they might have 2-3 rooms left but you'll be looking at more like $150 a night without breaky.

Have you tried some cheaper places like the Old Tudor or Village motor in? They're also popular with the targa crowd though. Sander on the park and the Aldina might also be worth a shot. :laff:

Thanks everyone. Simon, i didnt realise that Targa was in Launceston this weekend!! Thats more than likely the reason everywhere is booked out..

Most of those places sound nice, but booked out, though i didn't check the backpacker place. I don't think i wouldnt really like to stay in a backpackers hotel, i'd just be unsure all night lol.

Could always sleep in the car, but i think it'd get too cold lol.

So anyone else going to the monster trucks this weekend?

Thanks fellas

Thanks guys, we ended up staying at "Sandors On The Park"

Wasn't the best hotel/motel if stayed in..

Didn't get much sleep, very noisey there. People sneaking other people in through the windows and having parties.

But oh well, it was only $100 so i can't complain too much.

Thanks for helping out fellas..

Cheers Mark