Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Valve, Head Cleanup

Featured Replies

  • Author

My carbs are the horizontal mounting type, there are very similar ones with a 45 degree float bowl.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 68k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah so I am saying don't mount them so the intake is 100% horizontal.

  • Author

Ah ok so just a slight angle like say 20 degrees?

Yeah, Maybe a bit more, The pic you posted looks like the rear is lifted slightly.

This is a hell of a head clean up! I look forward to seeing the results :jamie:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Ok lesson learned. The carbon on tha valve seats and valves themselves were actually sealing the engine, however they did it badly. Then when I cleaned it off even lapping was not enough to get a proper seal. I put it all back together again and started the engine. Rough idle and black smoke pouring out the back on throttle and just really smoggy at idle. Checked the timing and all and that was fine. The carby wouldn't run rich would it????? I didn't change anything apart from a good clean with carby cleaner in and around.

 

So I rang TW Engineering and got a quote at $8 per valve and something that I can't remember per valve seat at a total cost of about $130ish.

Would have been far less hassle if I gave it to them in the first place..... But we learn from our mistakes and best of all I can now rip apart the head and put it all back together again no hassle!

  • Author

Thumbs up to TW Engineering! $100 to get the valves re-seated and head re-faced.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.