1977 Corolla Sell For Parts Or Keep

DZach23

i have a 1977 corolla sedan that has basically been ridden off, the car was in excellent condition before the crash (Rear end collision) , very low km's, mechanically sound, interior and exterior in good original condition (no rust or cracks in dash) that sorta thing.

I'm not sure what i should do with it. i would ideally like to keep all the good parts and put them into another corolla body but have basically been told thats a stupid idea.

so what do you guys/gals think i should do, look for another body, sell for parts. i don't want to send it to a wrecker

any feedback would be appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

Always sad to hear of another rust free rolla going to china to get melted into soup cans. The hard part is finding a shell that is rust free, getting really rare. Biggest drama is that all K motors are so inherently reliable that 9/10, though rusting to bits still have a half decent drive line, so it isn't rare for a K motor to be problem free till past 400K kms if the owner believes in servicing the thing.

These kinda things are hard line to choose, if you've got the space give yourself a couple of months the right shell could show up, if you can do all the work yourself than it isn't a bad move to shelve it to see what the future holds.