Sr20de Or Det Into Ke70

mozzy

hey guys i have been racking my brain trying to choose between 20v or sr20 and i have decided to go sr as i plan to turbo in the future.

i have an 83 flat front ke70 i got some ma61 wheels the other day i have corona LCA's and cut and shut knuckles to go in but they will need to go when i put the motor in as i will upgrade the brakes,

i will be just slowly getting parts together before i start doing anything but i just want to do as much research as possible as i will be doing the whole conversion myself.

first off is the not so important but would like to know...

speedo? is there a way i can get the standard speedo working or i was thinking custom fit an aftermarket one in or possibly even whole s13 dash cluster.

tacho? i assume it is easy to get the standard one running but aftermarket is an easy option

now important stuff

with custom engine mounts will the motor fit straight in i have read that people had troubles but i have been told its a straight fit.

thats about all for now cheers

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate

Just use an s13 engine crossmember, bolts right up.

Rb engines use a mechanical speedo and ca/sr use electronic.but you can get speedo's from jaycar, build em yourself

Other than that the hardest bit will be converting to efi

Cheers

Travis

s13 crossmembers cause geometry issues and put the engine quite far back.

Fitting a 4age is an issue if your going turbo later on, as you will need to covert to a W box, make manifolds, get a ZE bottom end or change pistons and so on. With some reluctance I say get a CA18 or SR20. I prefer the CA18 idea more