Flat Shifting

The questions to ask yourself are:

Does the car under or oversteer?

If it does, what part of the corner does it happen?

And

Do I like what it does?

The answers to these questions will determine what you do to the car.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Move the battery to the boot and do everything you can to get the weight over the rear wheels.

That minimises wheelspin and maximises the use of what power you have, like a wrong-wheel-drive AE82. Rally cars put the navigator in the rear seat and the driver further back.

The radiator can go in the boot too, but it makes the waterpump work harder.

Can you make yourself a fibreglass bonnet &/or front guards? If you can get 20 or 30Kg out of the nose its all better for getting the tail to grip.

Rob put a half-leaf upside down in the rear springs to stop axle-tramp, although I think he's taken it out again.

How about taking the bottom leaf out- the car was designed to carry 4 adults and luggage, so you might easily run with a softer rear end and get more squat, hence more traction.

How developed is the motor? Twin sidedraught webers? high compression? hot cam and exhaust system? Between your dad and the guys on here you should be able to get 100bhp out of the K motor without ruining it.

Good luck!

how does everyone know my dad? lol

um it has coil springs, ill put my seat in rear and extend column/pedals, put battery in boot, motor is stock I'm gonna turbo it make a turbo manifold and stuff ill inject it with a ea falcon carby with injectors inside it ahhh simplicity at its finest. Me and dad fab'd up a full front end it handles great

um it has coil springs

meh! of course it does! I had a KE55 stuck in my head, same as Rob races!

Yeah, stick the battery in the boot and turbo it, that will solve the grunt problem.

I wouldn't worry about an intercooler either, as turbo lag will be a killer with what you're trying to do. Keep it as short a manifold as possible and a small turbo that winds up quickly.

T'will be an interesting project!

yea thats my plan i might just run without bonnet guards lol wonder if it would change my class?

how do you know my dad lol?

i have a nice little switzer here ill use and i have a crap old autronic computer to use

and another thing what diff gears can i get?