My Ae82 Project

ae824ate

Hi guys, thought id finally put up a thread on my twinky. When i bought her the amount of rust in it was unbelievable, and it was pretty beaten up and abused. It really should never have been on the road, but i managed to get a roady done from a mate. It was a daily for about 6 months, then the rear crank seal gave way. I'm close to getting the engine cleaned honed and re assembled, but its never going back on the road. Ive completely stripped the interior, cut the roof off etc, pictures will tell the story. It will live out its days as a go kart pretty much. Ive got about half the cage welded up, just need to get some bends done. Pics will be up soon.

Members dont see this ad

That's a big go cart. If your going to drive it around can i suggest you weld up a full cage to protect you incase you roll it.

So is it running now or do you have to fix the engine? They do go alot better with everything taken out :)

Hey man, thanks for the reply. No, it hasnt got the engine back in it just jet, and don't worry haha, i wont be driving it untill ive finished the roll cage lol. I like my life. I'm hopeing with the amount of weight that has been lifted from her the power to weight will be a bit more impressive :) . Thanks, Luke.

Haha, thanks, I think......... Once i pull my finger out and finish doing the cage and tidying up the body, ill put some more pics up. can't wait for tax time :( Ill have an awesome return to fund my stupidity :hmm: And a decent rebuild of the 4age, and 5lb of forced induction goodness. Can anyone say 4a-gte??? :)

Ok, update

Ive got more of the roll cage welded up, looking pretty sweet, but.............. Ill be having surgery done on my wrist in a few weeks, maybe 4 or 5. Sooo, this might slow down the process of engine assembly, and everything else. Its gotta be in a cast for like 6 months after the surgery, that really sucks balls...... Ill just have to get my mates to do it while i have a beer and tell them what to do :lol:

They cut bone out of my hip, then put it in between the pieces of bone in my wrist, then screw it back together. Yay, its gonna be fun ;) I'm kinda worried.

Please someone tell me itll be ok, even if its a lie......

Edited by ae824ate

They cut bone out of my hip, then put it in between the pieces of bone in my wrist, then screw it back together. Yay, its gonna be fun :dance: I'm kinda worried.

You'll be absolutely fine mate. I'm a nurse so you can trust me ;)

• 2 months later...

Ok. Bought an AE86 a while back, and my 82 is just taking up space in my shed :hmm: . I'm thinking of selling up. If anyone might be interested let me know. Can throw in the bigport (complete in pieces, and great condition), ACL complete gasket kit, loom, 3 gearboxes, spare ignitors and coils, wheels etc. The roll cage is complete, and can put pics up if requested. I'm not looking to make money on it, so if there is any interest, please post on here or PM me. Cheers.