3tgte Mods,tune Up, Problems?

gday lads, picking up a 3tgte in a few weeks, and ive been researching forums high and low. as far as i know without having the 3t infront of me, is it has standard computer, injectors, turbo. it has a 2.5" dump pipe and exhaust off a ct20 with small front mount cooler and bov. prior to dropping the motor into my car, its a ke35 with modded mounts, is there anything i should do or look out for, or drop it in and go from there?. i want to change plugs, oil, filter, any gasket that looks like its seeping, before it goes in, then i guess drop it in and run a compression test. i know the exhaust manifolds can crack, so ill mag particle test it at work.

mainly with this post what I'm aiming for is a good starting project to get the car boogeying. ive got no drama dropping the motor in, but don't wanna pull it out in a week to find everythings f@$ked, but i guess its hard without it running to start with. are there any points/parts to look for with problems, onces its in is it worth converting to coilpacks and aftermarket computer and if so what is a suitable option? i know its old tech and there are some tricks here and there. i will be abusing the f@$k out of this forum once i get my hands on the motor, but lookng for a heads up. cheers and let me know what ever u know

Members dont see this ad