e70van

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good, jealous of the panels :y:

Thanks mate :) your van is nice!

progress is slow (prefer to go to the beach on the weekends :P )

This pic below is a rough sand with 40grit to get the shape with a bit of primer to seal it. lots more sanding to do and another coat of filler is needed over the low spots.

07102010226.jpg

I'm liking the shape. looks smoother (cleaner lines) than the original van inserts. lets hope it looks good once I'm done!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buddy^ Don't have many exciting pics to show (been sick all week, stuck in the house/tonsils FAIL)

The drivers side window inserts are finished and in highfill primer. passengers sides are about 1.5hrs away from done.

here's a progress pic of pass side. redoing filler/sanding/primer/sanding/filler etc

14102010240.jpg

Got my headliner material and my Nan is starting on that :dance:

Ordered the vinyl for my boot trim/panels (same colour as door trims)

From Grant at otomoto i have ordered a 5kg coilover sleeve kit and a pair of 14x7 +2. these will be my new front runners after they are sandblasted/reco'd. wait till you see the colour i paint the centers :) :)

Techo-Racing-14x7-2-pair-4x1141.jpg

got another front bumper to go on and ive started cleaning up my headlight surrounds, grill, lenses etc too.

Also sourced the exterior chrome trimming for the A pillar to roof line gutters. but I'm unsure if I'm going to use it.. i'll start a thread about that in general discussion. need some peoples opinions on that :)

thats about were I'm at. so frustrated that ive lost about 2weeks of time to work on it. first week was the shit weather and my lack of rain coverage. 2nd week I'm sick!! bah! need this thing done and cruising in december!

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the van..

rust repairs - (first time at it so gimme a break :P )

My bonnet has some bad rust and i can't find another in melb so I'm attempting to repair this one.

here's some pics: (on drivers side just above bonnet hinge)

03112010269.jpg

04112010272.jpg

04112010275.jpg

05112010278.jpg

05112010281.jpg

Out came the rust converter/primer and some body filler. (more pics to come)

Also on the wagon tailgate i welded in steel for the wiper arm hole and washer jet (panelvan gates don't have these)

Been filling in the trolley dints around the body.

Car is going into paint next monday. (2pak metallic brown)

Waiting on the madhouse lip (hopefully arrives this week!bah!)

that's all for the moment :D

Off to painters tomorrow :laff: Dints, sanding and the rest of the rust is being done by the pro.

Car looks like a 4x4 after stripping almost all the trims n bits.

Parents are about ready to call the wreckers to come pick it up. they reckon i wont remember how to put it all back together, but I'm pretty clever so we will see who's right come December

;)

11112010294ed.jpg

12112010297ed.jpg

Cheers man ^. Colour will be more or less the same metallic brown (in 2pak) but will talk about it tomorrow with the painter. might see if i can get more metallic flake or maybe a lil bit of glitter thrown in ;)

Ohh and pinstripes will be redone.might go 3 stripes instead of 2 for extra 80s style points ;)