1981 Ke70 Panelvan. Its Brown.

e70van

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andrew good luck with the paint man! Metallic brown sounds awesome! when do you get it back?

If i ever road trip it to melbourne in the wagon i'm stopping by for photo's haha

loving your work! :D

Thanks Mike, for sure on the photos!

Wheels are here from Japan/Otomoto. massive resto job required. here's a pic showing how they look now:

04122010328.jpg

HSD coilover sleeve kit arrived with 5kg springs.

Madhouse lip finally turned up.

and this morning i got this ;)

05122010334.jpg

N.O.S and no longer available from Toyota Japan or Australia.

Edited by e70van

ae824ate - cheers man. I love wagons and pvans! such a practical car to own so they deserve the love :D haha.

john84ie - got the lense from a Toyota parts dealer/workshop. only the LHS. i also got a LHS tail light from them too just for a spare.

Yummymicky : cheers man.

Myke90 - It's awesome to come home to fresh parts lol! helps me get through the day hahaha!

I have made some progress on the rims. refacing the lips and paint stripper on the centers this arvo.

BTW your wagon is looking sick! so jealous your paint is done already. what are the specs on your rear wheels/tyres? they look chunky :D

Edited by e70van

Other thing with a pano, i can't fit 2 baby seats in it lol, our 2nd is on the way. Apart from that, yeah they are great. My old man and i used to own a white Dato 120y pano, affectionatly named "The Milkbottle". Great fun to cruise around in! Your painter given you a rough time frame yet? Cheers.

I t was actually a wagon without the back seat lol :P

Edited by ae824ate

I was gonna to say i didn't know they made 120y vans. I'd be tempted to own one! hehe.

Only need two seats in a car. (me + lady friend) Also having the van means i never have to drive my pissed mates into the city! WIN!

Painter is saying before xmas but I'm not holding my breathe. :( fingers crossed though!

• 1 month later...

Update: Long story, but the van hasn't been painted yet :( I'm aiming to have it done by the end of Jan. (2011 :P )

Ive been doing the panel prepping myself :) Today i painted the inside of my blue tailgate. (i welded in the holes for the wiper arm,washer jet and badge holes) Also managed to paint the door jams, top of the doors (interior) and the rear cargo area around the seal and latch.

its blue

03012011405.jpg

half way through 1st coat

09012011422.jpg

finished with 2 coats of clear

09012011424.jpg

09012011425.jpg

As the van stands

23122010380.jpg

lip

11122010347.jpg

new shifter for my mates wagon....