Whats The Best Car To Get Short Shocks Out Of

Cyo18r

Members dont see this ad

KYB part number 343113 for the rear. Short stroke shocks to suit VN-VR Wagon I believe.

Though if you have no bump stops left, that is probably to low to suit even the above mentioned shocks. I think another option is Sierra shocks for the rear. They would suit stupidly low cars...

I'd say go and find your self some sierra short stroke shocks for the rear of your car man, my car has had the coils cut 3 off a standard spring and it sits bullshit low and i will be trying to find some of them once i get some more cash, i have a full s13 front suspension setup with adjustable coilovers in it so the fronts aren't a drama for me, but call suspension shops and see how you go mate

I'd say go and find your self some sierra short stroke shocks for the rear of your car man, my car has had the coils cut 3 off a standard spring and it sits bullshit low and i will be trying to find some of them once i get some more cash, i have a full s13 front suspension setup with adjustable coilovers in it so the fronts aren't a drama for me, but call suspension shops and see how you go mate

Sierra are the worst shock option ever for corollas.

Buy short stroke ae86 shocks or failing that the commodoore ones as above. If your too low for them raise it.

Either that or spend some more money and get something made in a spring thats perfect for what you want, then buy good adjustable shocks for them too. Upgrade front struts to 2 inch and you have a lot more choice.

You won't find anything for the front.

Reason being KE70 struts are a 45mm OD and all decent shocks will be to suit a 51mm OD strut tube. There is a reason why 99.9% of people upgrade their front setup for more than just the brakes.

Also (Could be wrong on this) if you car is as 'low' as I am picturing, even a short stroke shock in the front will not be overly great as there will be f@$k all compression stroke. You would need to section the front struts by 20-30 atleast to try and make up some more travel. Which then means you'll want some RCA's to level your LCA's...etc etc.

Don't mean to hijack your thread Cyo18r but what are the options and what do I need for upgrading the front? I have superlow springs all round. Got kyb aftermarket shocks in the rear and its sweet but the front is still uncaptive so Ive got to find a solution before warrant of fitness time.