Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quick Question Re Headlights

Featured Replies

Hey hey

 

my headlights on my ke55 are dim and one highbeam is out.

Anyway I took them out, and they are the sealed beam type. I found a rusty spare headlight from a datsun 280zx that was the same size and had the same female connectors on the back, except the bulb can be replaced in the reflector instead of the whole thing being a sealed unit. that one was rusty and fogged tho

 

i've got some brand new bulbs that'll fit in, but I need the actually round reflector.

 

I understand that it was probably a pretty common headlight size, but can anyone tell me what cars I might find them on?? I'm after the ones that the bulbs can be replaced in for ease in the future

 

cheers

Jack

I got new ones for about $50-$60 each from Autobarn. If you tell them the make/model of the car they should be able to hook you up (had to order mine in). Combine that with a set of nice new globes and you should be able to notice the difference. With that said, when I put the new set on my KE55 I did notice it was a lot brighter and I could see heaps better, but it was still nothing in comparison to some of the newer cars at night.

  • Author

heya

 

whats the difference between halogen headlights and the stock ones??

 

Havent gotten reflectors yet, but i did get some bulbs the other day from repco. Marked as H4 plus 30, 12v 60/55w p43t.

Didnt realise they were halogen. I had just asked the guy for bulbs to fit that rusty datsun headlight I had on me

 

So now do I just need the reflectors same as the rusty one and I'm good to go?? The bulbs have the same male spade terminals as my old sealed beams, so I was thinking that i wouldn't need to change any wiring or anything, just stick them in

 

cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.