3tc Carby Problem

hey, would anyone know why my auto choke would be making the car rev right up(like 5k+ revs) when its cold.

If i hold the little arms/leaver(circle in picture) down to keep the butterfly open it seems to rev alright..... if i don't hold the leaver down the butterfly closes and the car wants to rev out till its warm. i had the carby off the car a while ago while i was doing some work to the motor. not sure if all the hoses are in the correct spots.

Cheers Zac

post-9163-1278757643_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
+1 i got the same problem with my 4k carby, its hard to start. when it starts it revs to 2 grand, blimp the trottle and it goes all the way up to 5 grand?

i think it has to do with the dashpot?

similar problem, never used to do it till i took the carby/manifold off and put it back on.

similar problem, never used to do it till i took the carby/manifold off and put it back on.

same here! i adjusted the accelerator cable so it had some slack on it and then i couldnt start it, soo as it did start bang 3 grand.

it makes no sense! it was running sweet before, i didnt play around with any vaccum lines etc etc then things like this happen....

same here! i adjusted the accelerator cable so it had some slack on it and then i couldnt start it, soo as it did start bang 3 grand.

it makes no sense! it was running sweet before, i didnt play around with any vaccum lines etc etc then things like this happen....

I checked all my hoses they seem to be in the right places, i ended up wiring the dashpot/butterfly leaver together to keep the butterfly open.... seemed to sort the problem out.

maybe give that a go dude

post-9163-1278842241_thumb.jpg