T50 T-serie Box With T50 4a Bellhousing ?

Gnaget

Hello. Searched on the web but didn't find the answer so I ask here. I want to take a T50T tranny and put a T504A bellhousing on it so my KE11 tailshaft fits bolt on. Is there something I must change on the box or is it just to switch over and go ?

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

I have done the research and a mock bolt up and it seems to work.

I have an AE71 and have this worked out so I can run a T Series T50 behind the 4A

Swap Bellhousing and Rear Housing for the shifter (Same bolts and Gaskets)

Then use a KE70 Tailshaft to matchup the new rear output shaft on the Tseries T50

Hello. Searched on the web but didn't find the answer so I ask here. I want to take a T50T tranny and put a T504A bellhousing on it so my KE11 tailshaft fits bolt on. Is there something I must change on the box or is it just to switch over and go ?

Thanks

Pre 82 T- t50 like you want to use got smaler input bearing so you need a spacer to center it in the 4A-t50 bell.

Should find some info on it if you search as its been mentioned a few times :)

Pre 82 T- t50 like you want to use got smaler input bearing so you need a spacer to center it in the 4A-t50 bell.

Should find some info on it if you search as its been mentioned a few times :)

2nd that.

theres no difference between a late T series T50 (ta61, te71 1983+) and the 4age T50. they are both 22spline and interchange. any 20 spline t50 has a smaller input shaft bearing that locates on the bellhousing.. which requires a locating ring to keep the gearbox concentric with the crank.