July 24, 201016 yr comment_454154 I have a stock 4k, just wondering which would be the best oil to use i read somewehre 30w would be good or is it better to use a semi synthetc like a 20w15 or something silly like that Cheers guys Report
July 24, 201016 yr comment_454158 both wayyyyyy to thin for a tired 4k, fresh rebuilt with a new oil pump then go 15w40, bog stock go 20w50 Report
July 24, 201016 yr comment_454163 I sold my brother my 35 today. He asked that exact question. Asked about magnatec. My response...you'll kill it. Seals etc are just too old. GTX2 or Penrite HPR30. Old skool oil for an old skool car Report
July 25, 201016 yr Author comment_454241 ok so i should use a blend not a straight mineral oil or what? Report
July 25, 201016 yr comment_454242 20w50 more than likely will be what you need. If it still burns the oil, step it up to a 25w70. Any brand of oil should be ok for the car as its an econobox and not a performance motor. I recommend Fuchs oil as its good stuff, but you could use anything as long as the weights are what I've listed above. Edited July 25, 201016 yr by Raven Report
July 25, 201016 yr Author comment_454246 It burns very little oil as its a recon engine, its still quite tight Report
July 25, 201016 yr comment_454249 How many K's on the engine? Being a reco, I'd start with a 15w40. That should be more than fine. :yes: Report
July 25, 201016 yr comment_454262 20w 50 will be more than enough even if it is a newish motor bud, I've always run 20w 50 in all my older motors and the only time they got smokey was when the stem seals were rooted and the head gasket f&$ked out Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now