Toyota Levin Ae111

tranced

how do u check this with an imported car? this ones straight from japan with 136,000 km on the clock. the service history, even if it had one would be in japanese right :dance:

The point is do as much research as possible, pop off the top cover to check for sludge if you can't find any documents. You can find ways to rebut what I say all day but you asked us remember. If your not going to take it in, make an attempt at least. Straight from Japan could mean it will be trashed and thrashed or babied and loved, you just don't know till you see it and asses it. There are actually people in this world who can translate Japanese to English, i don't know if you are aware of this...

Members dont see this ad

what? i wasnt trying to rebutt anything... i was just aking for help and opinions?? i don't know how you got the impression that i wasnt listening but i really appreciate all the advice people have taken the time to give me in theis thread.

i really don't know anything about cars so if it seems liek I'm ignoring something i probably just don't understand! like what cover do you pop off, the black cover with "twin cam 20" written on it? and where would the sludge be, under that cover on the top of the engine?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Bought a AE111 Trueno sight unseen drove her home from QLD could not be happier!! Had 50thou kms on the clock, now up to about 77thou, never missed a beat and such a zipply little machine, mine is no superstrut, have fortune auto coilovers and handles like its on rails, so amazing.