Dcoe Problem

Rolliac

Accelerator pump jets dripping during closed throttle/ idle.

Whats the most likely cause? The check balls in the circuit look ok. Could it be the accelerator pump intake/discharge valve? Though they seem to be ok (can only blow through one way).

Just wanted to check before I order new ones.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Rolliac

Members dont see this ad

Yeh the check valve issue should only give grief when you gas it, I had one fail once and you could only drive it by very slowly easing on the throttle. Any more and it would bog down and stall.

+1 for fuel pressure, although I'm not familiar with how the DCOE's work, I would have thought you'd see fuel drip out the primrary's as well?

Yeah that’s the thing.

If it’s needle and seat or float level doesn’t it overflow from the bowl out the venturis?

Fuel was coming out the venturis befor I put new needle and seat in, adjusted float level and installed a regulator.

Now it’s just dripping from acc pump jets.

Well i don't no so i copyed this from a pat braden book:

If the acceleratorpump intake valve has no hole in it,it is an accelerator pump intake valve and no fuel is bypassed back to the fuel chamber.

If the accelerator pump intake valve has a holein the side of it,its an accelerator pump intake /discharge valve because fuel is discharged out

of this hole when accerator pump is activated.

The hole in the side of the intake discharge valve is used to bleed off excess fuel or fuel required to accelerate the engine cleanly.

Fuel leakage of fuel enrichment device,the problem usually applies to older well used cards .If fuel is found to be leaking out of the fuel enrichment device

the following is the solution.

With this particular problem there is no posssibility of repair and so ,as the fuel enrichment device is not necessary it is removed.Replaced with a plate of the same size.

I guess they are talking about the choke here???.

rob